1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sean Malone's (Gordian Knot) first solo CD available again

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Ian Perge, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Updates on a limited number of "Cortlandt" CD's available, as well as GKII - "Emergent" and OSI release dates posted on Sean Malone.net on the 17th:

A number of "Cortlandt" discs have become available - a small number - and will soon be available for purchase for those of you who have been looking for a copy of this for sometime. Depending on the number of people who buy these discs, this will probably change the plans Ken had to reprint "Cortlandt" this coming spring. As a reminder, this CD is my first solo CD as leader, and is more fusion-based than Gordian Knot. It features Sean Reinert, Trey Gunn, and Reeves Gabrels. The compositions are quite varied, and there seems to be a little bit for everyone on it."

The disc will be available through Stick Enterprises, and The Laser's Edge. I will also sell a few through this website if for some reason you are unable to get it through the other two sites. If you'd like to purchase "Cortlandt", the cost is $15 U.S. (This INCLUDES shipping to anywhere in North America). If you are ordering from Europe, Japan etc., the cost is $17 U.S. (This INCLUDES shipping). Please send a money order, or cash (at your own risk) to:

Sean Malone
    PO Box 25844
    Eugene, Oregon 97402

Sorry, but if you send a personal check it will be returned to you.

Everything is in place for the December release of GK - Emergent in Japan, then January in North America/Europe. Currently doing press for Japan. I haven't heard about release date for OSI just yet, but as it has been mentioned, probably in January 2003. I'm about to begin work on a new book, titled "Music Theory for Bass", and should be available fall of 2003 through the Hal Leonard Corporation. That's the only news for now, there hasn't been much to talk about, hence the lack of updates.

Update - November 20th:

Just a reminder that the Cortlandt CDs should be arriving at the vendors early next week or so and will be available shortly thereafter. A lot of emails have been sent asking when they will be ready for shipping.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    This is a great disc, but I thought it's still available in Europe?!?!?