Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Search Cactus

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by paniak17, May 22, 2004.

1. www.searchcactus.com
    do you really make all of this money? has anyone ever tried it? im not stupid, but im just really desperate for money and ill do anything, ANYTHING to buy a new bass....

2. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    If it sounds too good to be true, its probably a scam.

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Stay away from things like this. You WILL get burned.

4. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Oregon
    That expression 'if it seems too good to be true...' applies even more to the net. Many of these scams don't even give you cash! They are no more than coupon clearinghouses that also make money by reselling e-mails addresses of their members.

For instance, you might sign up for a site that reads: 'Get $50 for FREE!!!' Once you've signed up, you realize the $50 is actually $20 off a television, one month free long distance (when you sign up for a new plan) and maybe a 'free application' for a home loan! Plus your spam triples.

If you want money how about lawn mowing?

5. o no physical labor! :p

6. yeah, i had a feeling it was a scam of some sort....

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    So, you want money enought to fall for a scam, but not actually work?

8. If I had to explain my opinion as to the nature of Brendan's concerns, then I would infer that the quote in question was an example of sarcasm.

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    As to said inferrence, proper spelling and punctuation would have cleared up the misunderstanding in question.

10. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    And the proper "smilies", for example a combination of :rolleyes: and :D