Searching for a "neutral sounding" amp... acoustic Image?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dreadhead, Jun 1, 2002.

1. dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Hello guys, I need you help.
    I have a Demeter preamp, but I need an external transformer to use it here in Italy... that thing is HEAVY!
    Well, I should get an amp and a cab... but since I don't need too many watts, I was thinking about getting a smallest Acoustic Image Contra combo. Do you think it can handle little gigs/practice?
    What are the "hi-fi" combos in the market?
    I did search for "Contra", but I didn't find what I was looking for... thanx.
  2. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    The contra is in my "sounds just like a mini PA" catagory. great little guy. The combo's even better. but to me its more an upright amp. electrics thru it just dont have too much electric bass mojo for me.

if the demeter's too heavy (?), then combo's arent gonna be much better. tho, with that said, the EA iAMP combo's the coolest little guy for both electric and upright.
  3. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Since you are in europe try Glockenklang or Hevos. They have both small combos and hifi preamps.
  4. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I think he meant the external transformer is heavy...
  5. dreadhead

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, you're right... about 30kg. The problem is NOT the weight, though. The problem is the number of trips that I must do to get the preamp, the bass, the cables backpack, the power amp, the cab...