Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Searching for a semi-acoustic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tapokaner, Jun 17, 2004.

1. tapokaner

tapokaner

May 4, 2004
    Hey everybody, I am new and this is my first thread.
    I`m searching for a semi-acoustic bass, but i don`t have much money. And i don`t knwo which semi-acoustics are ok or not, so please can you help me? i thought about the Ibanez artcore or the Dean Stylist, also the Dean Rhapsody Hb or Hbf. Thanks, tapokaner :bag:

2. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    One bass that might be worth looking at if you're on a budget is the Yamaha BEX4C - http://www.yamaha-europe.com/yamaha...0_bass_guitars/60_bex_basses/BEX4C/index.html

You don't see many of these around - I tried one a couple of years ago and recall that I liked it. With a piezo bridge and a magnetic pickup it seemed fairly versatile as semi-acoustic basses go.

Other basses worth consideration are the Epiphone Jack Cassady (very popular) and the Lakland Skyline Hollowbody.

3. sedgdog

sedgdog

Jan 26, 2002
    Pasco, WA
    Look at the Carvin AC40 / AC50. Very reasonably priced and excellent quality and sound great. www.carvin.com

Good Luck,
    Tim

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Save up around $5-600 for a used Epiphone Jack Casady bass, their solid.

5. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    I second the Yamaha BEX4. I play one. Solid tone on both pickups, and a wonderful blend allowing both to be mixed.