Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Searching for an Aria II Pro Explorer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by _Cthulhu_, Mar 15, 2006.

1. _Cthulhu_

_Cthulhu_

Mar 15, 2006
    Texas
    Edit/Update --- STILL AFTER ONE!! LOL!!

I have checked ebay for about a month now. I still haven't come around any.. googled.. Found 1 from the UK but he wants 300 pounds which is like 500 US dollars.. (a little too much for one of em.)

Been after one of the old 80's Explorer basses for awhile and can't seem to get my hands on one.. If anyone is selling one or comes across one for sale I'd really enjoy it if someone let me know about it... Thank!

Full bass name would be like "Aria II Pro ZZB Explorer (There's like.. Deluxe and another model.. I don't care...)

E-mail: Therion@clearwire.net

2. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    I've seen several of those on ebay in the past. Keep checking there

3. Used to have a 2 tone job with 24 frets, I've seen pretty blue ones with not enough frets as well. I sold mine to a kid for $100, I gave him a break cuz he was poor and wanted to learn to play the bass. Couple weeks later he sold it for $150 and bought cocaine with the money. They do pop up from time to time, usually pretty cheap. Looked and played OK, sounded pretty blah.

4. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
  5. _Cthulhu_

_Cthulhu_

Mar 15, 2006
    Texas
    Crap I'm going to keep looking.... I want one so bad..!

I'm not really worried about the hardware.. The old bodies really turn me on though. I can always put in new pickups and rewire it no problem.

6. _Cthulhu_

_Cthulhu_

Mar 15, 2006
    Texas
    :bawl: SO this cocaine dealer he sold it to....... Where might I find him? Lol j/k.

7. There was one on eBay UK just a week or two back. Might be still there...

8. Haha. I didn't know I could get a bass for cocaine now. I might have to look into this...

9. I just wish he'd have told me first. I could have traded him back for a bag of flour and powdered laundry detergent. Idiot. Last I'd heard he was hiding out from some of his "associates" who wished him grevious bodily damage. On the up side, I have learned my lesson and stopped doing people favors.

Mine had a nice thin neck, lots of fun if you like a Jazz bass type neck. If you see one cheap on Ebay it's worth it as long as you realize it might want pickups; mine could have had dead pickups, it was the only one I ever saw in real life.

10. _Cthulhu_

_Cthulhu_

Mar 15, 2006
    Texas
    Bump Bump... Going to try and keep this thing circulating!

11. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    Have you thought about looking at a Dean? You can get a new Explorer style bass for a reasonable price
    [​IMG]

12. _Cthulhu_

_Cthulhu_

Mar 15, 2006
    Texas
    I saw the Deans... and going about the fact.. I hate Dean.. The body style is too curved and too pointy where I don't want it to be... Those Aria body styles just make me gooey... I want to get one.. and mod the **** out of it.. :(