1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Searching for bite

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ommy, Nov 27, 2010.

1. Ommy

Ommy

Jan 2, 2010
    Ballarat
    Hey, I've just got a job and I'm now looking to upgrade my bass. I currently have an OLP stingray copy but I'd like something with a bit more bite or growl. I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but something like a ric or T-bird, I generally like to play melodic stuff and am heavily influenced by The Cure.

Any thoughts?

2. Brendan5

Brendan5

Jul 18, 2009
    I have a vm squier jag and the ceramic j in the bridge has a lot of bite. The p in the neck sounds cool too. Also apparently the epi t birds are great but I'm not sure what the tone is like. They are each 300 new. Assuming you're looking for something in this range.

3. Ommy

Ommy

Jan 2, 2010
    Ballarat
    possibly a little higher range, I live in Australia, so I'm looking for about $1,000 au which is similar to US atm, but most stuff costs a bit more