1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Searching for tone from Chameleon.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 250GBsOfAwesome, Sep 14, 2008.

1. 250GBsOfAwesome

250GBsOfAwesome

Jul 11, 2008
    I'm looking for a pedal that can get me the tone from Chameleon and I'm not sure what it is. Is it a Synth, Envelope Filter, wah or something else? I really don't know much about pedals so any help would be great.

Here's the video if you haven't heard it before.

2. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    That's duplicatable easily enough with any mu-tron type filter and a little overdrive, even though that's actually done on a synth. :)

3. Wally Malone

Wally Malone

Mar 9, 2001
    Boulder Creek, CA
    AFM International Representative Endorsing Artist: Accugroove Cabinets & MJC Ironworks Strings
    I use my EBS IQ pedal.

Wally

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Filter&fuzz go together very well. Check out a few of each, you'll find something to like.

5. envelope filter and overdrive/fuzz will work. or just a really nice thick juicy filter.

6. 250GBsOfAwesome

250GBsOfAwesome

Jul 11, 2008
    I've got a BBM so would that and a QTron+ be able to get that sound?

7. yep sounds like a good call, i doubt you'll nail it dead on, but you'll get as close as you can without actually playing a synthesizer

8. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    FTR the filter sweep on the EHX BMS tends to sound a fair bit more convincing when you're trying to impersonate an old analogue synth. Because it always does the same sweep each time you trigger it, it sounds a lot more electronic than an envelope filter following your playing dynamics.

9. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

In that video, you can actually see the bassline being played on a keyboard/synth! :)

10. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    It's an ARP Odyssey.

11. Use this pedal and put it on the down filter setting. Sounds just like it. When I first got my IQ I was playing around with it and when I heard this it made me giggle.

12. Robin UK

Robin UK

Feb 1, 2007
    I think herbie usually plays it on a keytar or keybaord. When i saw him live recently dave holland came in with a funky slap bassline underneath and took over from herbie, sounded wicked.

13. gwx014

gwx014

Dec 22, 2005
    IMO, the Moogerfooger MF-101 gets really close.