1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Searching Very Good Compressor Sustainer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by analogrowl, Dec 30, 2011.

1. analogrowl

analogrowl

Jul 12, 2011
    Hello overseas folks,

I'm basically looking at some recommandations of some pedals i should consider for having a very long sustain as well as a good compressor for my bass set-up. I'd use it with active bass 6string and pure analog synthesizer with a high grain (like some moog, oberheim etc).

For the kind of music i'm playing you can hear samples here. I'm interested only in high quality made pedals.

Regards :)

2. taurus1

taurus1

Sep 13, 2006
    Vancouver B.C.
    there's only two quality ones I know of, Empress and Diamond. I use a BOSS CS-3 and am very happy with it, I know it's a BOSS but I've been through a lot of pedals (except the two I mentioned) and the CS-3 blows them all away. I listened to a bit of one of your tracks, sounds great, I'll listen to more when I get home. there's some great bands in France, Gojira and Death Spell Omega are two of my favourites.
    good luck

3. sonic 7

sonic 7

Aug 10, 2011
    Queens, N.Y.C.
    Ovnilab.com

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I use a Trex Squeezer with bass guitar, and an Ehx Black Finger with my synthesizers. Both are tube compressors, and both are top shelf tonally, and squashably.

5. taurus1

taurus1

Sep 13, 2006
    Vancouver B.C.
    analogrowl
    I checked out the rest of your tunes, I'm blown away.
    Afrocalypse is simply epic, keep up the great work you guys have something really special.