Seasonal/holiday jobs

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by reasonbass, Oct 14, 2004.

1. I'm selling/sold all my bass gear cause I wanted to pay off some debts. Doing so will let me save a ton of money in the long run. So for now im borrowing a friends rig. So, what are good places to work for the holidays to supplement my income? This will help me get a whole new rig faster.

2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Department stores... any retail place. Just start asking around.

brad cook
  3. Cool, I applied at Sears already, I have an interview on the 20th.
  4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    UPS and FedEx usually are hiring temps during the holidays.
  5. lol...I already work at UPS. Thanks anyways.
  6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Is the 400+ for sale. ;)

Try Guitar Center. Its not really a temp job and they wont want to hire you if you say its only temp, but the X-mas season is a good time to make money there.

Let me know if you want me to talk to anyone there to recommend you.
  7. Yeah, the 400+ is for sale. PM me and ill tell you more. I'll try Guitar Center too. I'm good friends with one of the assistant managers there. His name is Rich. Do you know him?
  8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Rich in drums?

If its who Im thinking of then yeah. He used to be a regional drum manager but I heard he's hanging out in Miami now. Im pretty good friends with a couple of the other managers so let me know if you need anything. If you're in with Rich Im sure you're fine though.

PM sent.
  9. Got a job a Circuit City. The only bad thing is. Its right next to a Guitar Center. So I'll gassing, and I'll have extra money to spend. lol
  10. congratulations on making a tough, but good, decision to sell off your gear to get out of debt. debt sucks more than having no bass amp.

enjoy your new job. do us all a favor and actually learn about the product on the floor. i have generally sworn off best balls and circuit cock because the help is piss poor and the prices aren't that noteworthy.

11. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    My buddy's got a business putting up Christmas lights for people. He basically goes door to door, drops off advertising flyers, stuff like that. He does estimates based on the size of the house and how long it'd take him. He has so much work he can't keep up right now. This morning he's having to hire a "subcontractor" to help him do the work. :)
  12. Ditto!! There are guys who work here just for the christmas season doing decorating and such, then have the rest of the year off they make so much money!! It's mostly the really rich neighborhoods, where they "don't have time" to put up decorations, so they go in and do things like lights, christmas trees, lawn ornaments, things like that. Stupid rich people.:D

Rock on
  13. Thanks Robb. Your kind words made feel a lot better. I still cry when I think about my beloved Mesa 400+. I'm not working on the sales floor. Actually I'm in the warehouse. I get the stuff that people buy and take it to a loading dock. I also stock the store. I guess the piss poor help is probably gonna continue. lol.
  14. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Of topic abit... i am going to be a santa for my friends kid ;) i got a big beard for it too... it be cool...

Oh sorry for your loss...
  15. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im moving back to Miami.

Ive been thinking of applying for a job at that Circuit City, Jamba Juice, or going back to the Guitar Center.

You have to check out this italian place right by there that I used to go to on my lunch break all the time. Its called Papa Picollos. If you take the light right out front and cross Kendall Drive, just keep taking that road through that curve and when you come to that plaza pull in.

The food is awesome and the service is friendly. The prices arent too bad either.
  16. This job so far has been pretty slack, just get the print pickup order, look for the merch in the warehouse and either send it down some rollers, or take it to the loading dock. I don't know how its gonna for Black Friday, but its should be funny watching people fight over $20.00 dollar DVD players. We are gonna have extra people on that day anyways and free food too.

Nick are you really moving back? Let me know when you get here. We can go have a beer or two.
  17. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Aye-aye captain! Two problems though, Im only 19 and Im cutting back on the beer. We'll meet up anyways. I already have arrangements with a band so maybe when Im ready our bands can book some shows together too.
  18. Don't worry, then I'll have the beer and you can have water with a twist of lime. And when you guys are ready to play, let me know, and we'll hook up shows fo sho.
  19. A good source this time of year are local catering companies gearing up for Xmas-new years rush. If you have any waiting-bartending abilities you can make very good "cash" usually nights and weekends. Just go through the phonebook and call.

The clubs are a rockin' now also, try bar backing If you take care of a busy bartender you can get tipped out well. Security is always looking but I don't know how intimidating you appear ;)

Just a few thoughts, hope it helps.