1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Seattle Area Set-up and Repair Guru's?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Oof, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Oof

Oof

Jul 15, 2005
    Anyone in the Seattle area know of any good techs? Preferrably on the east side. Just picked up a cheapo left 5 string and want to get it set-up and have new pups installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanx all!

-Oof

2. Crackle

Crackle

Nov 3, 2007
    Plano, TX
    Mike Lull's Guitar Works shop is in Bellevue. http://www.mikelull.com

:bassist:

3. Mike Lull he's the best....

4. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    Mike Lull does do great work, but he does tend to be pricey. Also, there may be a backlog; I would suggest calling first to find out if there is one. I brought my Spector over there when I first moved up here (well, Port Townsend, about 2 hours away from Bellevue) and I brought it in - just to find out it would be 3 weeks before they got to it.

5. knuckle_head

knuckle_head Commercial User

Jul 30, 2002
    Seattle
    Owner; Knuckle Guitar Works & Circle K Strings
    I'd suggest my shop mate - Aaron Andrews. His phone is 206-295-4821, and he is just north of the U-district. Easy access from 520/I-5.

6. Lull is real pricey. Does pretty good work, but you pay for the eastside locale and the celebrity clientiele list.

Check out Paul Stroh in West Seattle.

7. knuckle_head

Jul 30, 2002
    Seattle
    I understand from a reliable source that Aaron would be the better call - he has three day turn on most things, and he'd certainly be closer to the east side.

8. Could be. Care to share with us the reliable source? Does he, or Aaron, work with/for you?

Stroh is a bit further (5-6 miles?) from the eastside than would be going to the U-district. Just another possible option. ;)

9. knuckle_head

Jul 30, 2002
    Seattle
    I know folks up at the Trading Musician - they made use of Paul and suggested there might be better choices to make.

Aaron and I share shop space - in fact I shoe horned myself into his shop - and I have relied on Aaron countless times over the last 12 to 14 years for some very challenging things. He rises to some remarkable challenges.

10. shannons

shannons

May 29, 2007
    W. Seattle, WA
    Endorsing artist: Ampeg
    Shaun (Oof),
    Gimme a call. I can bring it to my tech.

11. I bought my fretless from some guy North of Edmonds that claims he is the best luthier I will ever meet.. :p

12. knuckle_head

Jul 30, 2002
    Seattle
    I look forward to feeling that good about myself..... :rolleyes:

:D