1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Seattle gig spam

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Chris Symer, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Chris Symer

Chris Symer

Dec 13, 2009
    Seattle,Wa.
    This Tuesday (the 27th ) I'll be playing the jam session at the Owl n' Thistle 10pm to 1am. For those not tuned in fifths (which semms like almost everybody these days) I'll have a slab handy that you're welcome to abuse- or byob, its good either way. Eric Verlinde keys, Brad Boal drums. Come down, say hi, sit in, meet some folks.

2. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Dig it! I miss the old BeBop and Destruction sessions at the O&T. Some how I don't know any of these guys. It's a jazz session?

3. Nathan Parker

Nathan Parker

Oct 10, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Depending on the wife's reaction/anger level, I will try and make it down there. Gotta get me some more of that low C.

4. Chris Symer

Chris Symer

Dec 13, 2009
    Seattle,Wa.
    Yea Troy, it's a jazz session still. The last of the original destuction crew (Fendal) quit @ a year ago. Jose Martinez usually drums but is subbing with teatro zinzani for a few weeks. Bass players always rotate through the gig, Evan last week, Harper the one before and who knows who next week. Come down and play some, Boal and Verlinde are both fun. We can talk rosin with Nate on the breaks.

5. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    It would be good to meet you guys and hang. I've got a singer coming her earlier in the eve to scheme on an album she would like to record. I'll see how late we go and if I can motivate myself afterwards.

Fendel and I are going to Sonny Rollins together on the 10th. Small town.