Seattle Gigspam: Electric Gauchos / Seattle Guitar Circle

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by geshel, Jun 15, 2004.

1. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle Guitar Circle Presents:
    Electric Gauchos
    Town Hall
    8th and Seneca
    Saturday, June 19th
    8:00 PM
    $15 advance / $17 day of

The internationally reknowned Electric Gauchos will be performing in Seattle at the Town Hall this Saturday night! Electric Gauchos is a border-crossing collaboration between musicians from Seattle and Buenos Aires, Argentina.

The lineup includes guitarists Steve Ball, Fernando Kabusacki, Travis Metcalf, and Derek Di Filipo, all veterans of the League of Crafty Guitarists. They are joined by the wonderful drummer and percussionist Fernando Samalea.

Both Fernando Kabusacki and Fernando Samalea are well known in their home country of Argentina, having performed and recorded with Charly Garcia and Maria Gabriela Epumer, among others.

Joining the Gauchos will be a variety of performers from the Seattle Guitar Circle, including two distinct guitar ensembles - one a sextet and one a septet. The music will range from textural, improvised soundscapes, to heavy rock, to tango.

The last Electric Gauchos show in Seattle, seven years ago, was sold out! You might not get the chance to see them again for a while, so don't miss out. You can hear recordings from that show, and from Argentina, on their CD Blue Orb. That CD contains some pieces also recorded by the related group, Los Gauchos Alemanes, available from DGM Records.

The Town Hall is a beautiful, 900-seat, auditorium near downtown Seattle.

*talkbass mode*

I won't be playing bass, but I'll be playing guitar as part of a few of the performances. Derek will be the bassist for the evening, and he'll have his Fender Marcus Miller sig in tow. :) I think this is going to be an excellent show, and though I know it's not cheap, we plan on filling the evening with vibrant, eclectic music that makes it well worth your while.

Hope to see lots of TBers there!

*talkbass mode off*
  2. geshel

Oct 2, 2001

Tonight! I think this is going to be a really excellent show.

There will be something like 20 musicians involved, at times all together. Loopers, acoustic ensembles, rock band, African drumming, Argentinean tango, classical guitar, even a flautist. And yes, it rocks.

While the SGC and the Gauchos get their names on the bill, the special guests are what push things over the top! You'll have to come to find out who they are. ;)
  3. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I wish I could be there. I´ve seen Samalea and Kabusacki here in Argentina and they´re great musicians.
  4. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    The show went really well. Yeah, both Fernandos are very cool and I enjoyed playing with them.

They *might* be back in October. . . :ninja: