Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Second annual Steve Lawson master class in San Jose, CA

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by xyllion, Jan 4, 2005.

1. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Announcing the second annual Steve Lawson master class in San Jose, CA. The class will be from 10:30am - 4pm on January 29th. The price of admission is $65 and will include lunch and an invitation to an Accugroove demo in the evening on that same day.

Last year's class was spectacular. Steve Lawson is wonderful teacher and spent the day discussing musical composition. The attendees were all bass players last year, but the subject matter was equally suitable for guitarists and other musicians.

In addition to Steve's great job of teaching, it was a great chance to meet other local bass players. I think nearly everyone took the opportunity to try out each other's basses. We had a good group of people and basses last year and I expect the same again this year.

As was the case last year, space is limited. The venue is once again my living room. So, we will be limiting attendence to the first 15 people people to sign up for the class.

If you would like to sign up or if you have any questions, please contact Steve Lawson or me. The email address lawsonclinic@amstadt.com forwards mail to both of us.

Please note that I do not make any profit off of this event. I am doing this to help Steve and to encourage him to do performances in the San Jose area. If any of you saw his performances with Trip Wamsley and Michael Manring, you know how great the shows are.

2. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Hmmmmm, where are the TalkBassers that we had last year? This really is a good event and well worth the money.

3. BluesBrian

BluesBrian

Aug 16, 2004
    S.F. East Bay
    How is this going? Count me "in"!

// Brian

4. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    There are still a couple of spaces, so send off the paypal ASAP, and you're in! :)

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

5. BluesBrian

BluesBrian

Aug 16, 2004
    S.F. East Bay
    Got my paypal in on 01/03! I'm ready to go!

6. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
  7. BluesBrian

BluesBrian

Aug 16, 2004
    S.F. East Bay
    Not a problem.. looking forward to the clinic! :hyper:

8. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Sorry that I wasn't around to answer this one. I got pulled out of town on business unexpectedly this week, but I'm back now.

9. BluesBrian

BluesBrian

Aug 16, 2004
    S.F. East Bay
    No problem, you got good backup! ;)
    Any suggestions? booklist? Ideas about the direction for the clinic?

10. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Steve's class last year went very well and didn't require any studying ahead of time. I'd expect the same this year.

Class content is completely up to Steve. So, if you have specific requests, be sure to contact him. If he isn't already travelling, I'm sure he'll check in with this thread.

11. Steve Lawson

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Hi Brian,

content? lots of different things, ranging from some technique ideas, through composition and improv, tone, articulation, and lots of Q and A time to make sure everyone's specific questions get covered.

Book list - I'll probably be suggesting a fair few books through the course of the day, but there's nothing specific you have to read before then. However, if you want something marvellous to read beforehand, get 'The Inner Game Of Music' by Barry Green.

see you there!

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

12. BluesBrian

BluesBrian

Aug 16, 2004
    S.F. East Bay
    Thanks Steve.. BTW, it's available on amazon with a "peek inside".

13. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    I've sent out an email to everyone that has indicated that they will be attending. If you wanted to attend, but didn't receive the email, please contact me as soon as possible. I may be away from my email during NAMM.

14. BluesBrian

BluesBrian

Aug 16, 2004
    S.F. East Bay
    Got it on order (Amazon).. should have time enough to arrive and dive into a few pages before the clinic!
    // Brian

15. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Steve is on the road. I was fortunate enough to see him while I was at NAMM. I'm not sure when he'll be checking TalkBass. All depends on when he gets access to a computer.