Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Second Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ReveilleRATM, Aug 16, 2000.

1. ReveilleRATM

ReveilleRATM

Apr 14, 2000
    I think it is about time for me to buy my second bass to replace my junky 4 string Hamer Slammer where if I play open A the string pops out. I've looked into it and I really want an ESP Ltd B204, or B205. Are these guitars good? I want an ESP because a lot of my punk rock and metal idols play them. Since I'm mostly playing punk rock, even though I occasionaly play jazz and blues licks, do I really need a 5th string? Thanks for the help.

2. Biski2Dope

Biski2Dope

Mar 26, 2000
    Since you're playing punk, and punk doesn't realy require a B string, don't bother.

Also, don't play a ESP just cuz your punk rocker idols do...i play punk too, and have fallen in love with the Fsomenumberoranother's look, but haven't bought it cuz the sound sucks. You buy what you like cuz you like it.

Also, i'mma curious...which one of the slammer things did you get? Blue one, red one, black one or three toned one? I own the blue one and i happen to like it...hmm...

3. frost13

frost13

Apr 12, 2000
    Hmmmm....this seems like a road we have been down before....:)

4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Well, even though you might buy it for the wrong reasons, those ESPs are actually really good. Im for it. :)

5. ReveilleRATM

ReveilleRATM

Apr 14, 2000
    The Slammer I have is white-black and has 20 frets, it was, I think, about $160. It doesn't slap/pop very well at all and like I said before, open A pops out of place when you play it, also it is shorter than most basses and makes me feel small.

6. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    By the way, nice name. Reveille rules.

7. I dunno. My secong bass was the Ibanez GSR200 (Didn't I just post about this?) and I love it. It didn't cost much, and has seved me for about a year. And if you wnat to get into the image side, a lot of bands use Ibanez, including Static-X, Limp Bizkit, Metallica, Offspring and some others that escape my mind.

Rock on
    Eric

8. ReveilleRATM

ReveilleRATM

Apr 14, 2000
    Sorry, but I can't stand those bands! Especially Offspring, they are the biggest sellouts ever! BTW, whats a good 100 Watt Amp?

9. frost13

frost13

Apr 12, 2000
    Check out the Ampeg BA-115. A super amp for the money!

10. gmstudio99

gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Please ask about amps in the Amps forum, wherein I too will recommend the Ampeg BA-115.

-GM

11. telly

telly

Aug 18, 2000
    buy a ****ing music man stingray

telly