1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Second cabinet questions/opinions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nonconformist, Sep 19, 2010.

1. nonconformist

nonconformist Guest

Mar 1, 2008
    So I'm beginning this thread by saying that I purchased a Dr. Bass 1260 used and fell in love. Needless to say, it's awfully hard to expand one's rig when a company is no longer producing (at least for now...) and they are hard to come by used.

I currently am using a Markbass LMII with the 1260... great, light combo. However, to move more air at potential upcoming gigs and in the future, I want to expand with another cabinet.

Now, I know you should try your best to match speaker drivers, etc. However, I cannot even find out what driver is used in the 40-ish pound Dr Bass 1260...

I actually am looking into a 1 15 for the bottom, in particular an Epifani 1 15 listed here on TB. Do you think that these cabinets would match up okay/sound good? Or would there be issues?

Both cabinets are 8 ohms, by the way.

2. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Inactive Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    *bump*

3. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    No one can reliably predict the result of mixing any two cabs. Your best bet is to take your rig to a well stocked store and try it with other cabs to be sure that the result is what you're looking for.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021