Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

***SECOND COLORADO BASSIST SHINDIG***

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Ad Nauseam, Sep 4, 2002.

1. What say all ya? It's now September and I figured we should shoot for mid-October in order to take advantage of the last of the mild weather.
    I'll post over on BL, HC, BB, and other sites. Suggestions for location and date should be priority one.
    Here we go again!
    ~Ad

2. mthoople

mthoople

Nov 1, 2001
    Denver, CO
    I should be good for any October weekend except the 12-14 (Columbus Day).

Matt

3. :D Lets see here-how about Sunday the 20th?
    I'm free all of october though if that doesn't work out for some.

As far as location goes-mon maison is available for us, it's in Parker (about 30 miles southeast of denver) and is right in between C. Springs and Denver. We're out in a more rural area so volume wouldn't be a problem.

4. mthoople

mthoople

Nov 1, 2001
    Denver, CO
    My house is available, but it would have to be in the garage again. I should have a one-month-old son in the house by that time.

The fretless will be strung-up and ready to go, and I can supply a compact drum kit if we want some percussive accompaniment.

Matt

5. Charles, where are you!!??

6. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    At this point the 20th sounds fine to me.

7. Bump.

8. Wasn't there a couple cats down in colorado springs last time we did this? I seem to remember something about Wals...

9. Check in if you're at least interested. I know looking a month away can be hazy for some. Are we being unsocial denverites? We don't bite!
    Disp? Int? WWP? PlanetBoulder? Anyone who couldn't make it to the last one?
    Tuffnuts, you wanna ride up from Kansas?
    :confused:
    ~Ad

10. Bump for more responses

11. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    The 20th sounds cool to me. I should be able to make it this time.

12. MtnGoat

MtnGoat

May 7, 2000
    MA/NH
    20th Ok. What part of Denver/Colorado, and what time?

13. We may be able to do it at my drummer's house, pending that he has it off from work. I'll ask him. He lives on 14th and Valentia and could easily accomodate us. Matt has offered his garage again, but I really don't want to impose on his hospitality every time we have one of these!
    BTW, has your child been born yet, Matt?

Brett is offering his homestead... have you already asked your parents, Brett?

I imagine that everything will start about noon and go til about 7 or 8. With Ebozzz and I reluctantly leaving after everyone else is long gone. :D

~Ad

14. It's cool with all those in my house. I'm free all of that suday so whenever we get this on the roll time-wise will be good for me. The only question is-does anyone have a problem with driving out to where I live? I'm out in the Parker/Castle Rock area.

Anywhere we go though is cool for me-whatever works for the rest of the cats.

15. mthoople

mthoople

Nov 1, 2001
    Denver, CO
    Reluctantly leaving? I had to bribe you guys with extra food to be on your merry ways!;)

My son was born last week. If you're interested, there are pictures here .

Castle Rock/Parker is fine with me.

Matt

16. Congrats Matt! I really like the name you gave him as well.

Rest assured no one will have to leave until they want to if we end up at my place! I'm still irritated I had to leave so early last time. :D

17. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Very true! :D

Congratulations Matt!

18. Congrats Matt! Good choice in a name, too. How are your dogs adjusting to having to share the household with a new member?

I'll have confirmation on rather or not BJ (my drummer) would like to have it at his house by tonight. He has a PA and a mixer and such, plus his drum kit. He'll be able to lay down some beats for us if we have it there. If he gets tired he also has a drum machine and his PA is capable of handling any other drum machines.

As always, if you know a bassist who would like to come (or bass instructor, even!) please invite them along.

I'm going to go visit the other sites and bump the threads up, now.

~Ad

PS - Brett, you gonna bring more of them eclaires?:D

19. Your wish is my command! :D