second hand/cheap preamp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by miccheck1516, Oct 20, 2003.

1. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Does anyone know where i could get a cheap or second hand preamp from? i am in the uk so i dont want to have to pay shipping from america but will pay from europe if need be. Has anyone got any websites or anything? Im looking to pay no more than £100 and want basic treble, high mid, low mid, and bass control, as well as volume and gain .
    Ill be playing through a 4x10 and i like a crisp sound.
    Thanks guys
  2. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    someone just BUMPed into me
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    I guess you'll just have to watch the European eBay sites for bargains.

If you can find a bass head that has preamp out/power amp in jacks and just happens to have a blown out output section, you might be able to get it cheap and use it as a preamp.

If you're handy with electronics, there is a web site out there where someone built an Acoustic 360 preamp into a stomp box could build your own.
  4. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    well i should really delete this thread now, seeing as in my other one i established i can use my current combo's preamp. Id still like a cheap (not over £200) 1U pre-amp in there at some point.
  5. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    theres a bass preamp on now going for like £40... cant remember. i THINK its a peavey
  6. Look for a Yamaha PB-1 (?).

Many satisfied owners, inexpensive, and Yamaha makes some of the most reliable electronics on the face of the erf!!