1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Second hand Cort A5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zerotonine, Sep 1, 2008.

1. I've been looking to buy a second hand cort A5 and have found some on a second hand site. One seller has 2 cort A5's for sale.
    One from 2001 with a two piece bridge which he is selling for 470 euros.
    And another from 2007 with a one piece bridge which he is selling for 375 euros.

Apart from the bridge and year I can't seem to notice what causes the price difference. Any ideas?

2. Obviously this guy believes thing get better with age - maybe so for Fenders etc, but maybe not for Corts.

I played some Corts recently when I was in Abu Dhabi and was fairly well impressed.

I'd ask him what the difference was, in his eyes. But you need to play them.

3. I talked to the seller and he said he is asking half of the purchase price. So apparently the value of the A5 (and perhaps other corts) has dropped in the past years.
    Does anyone have any idea what may have caused this drop in prices?
    Also, isn't the single bridge bass supposed to be better than the two piece bridge version? Thats what I heard anyway.