1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

second hand stingray / is THIS really a problem ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gregolak, Jun 19, 2007.

1. gregolak

gregolak

Jun 19, 2007
    Hi,

first time I post here >>> hello everybody !

I am currently looking for a stingray, I think I may have found it, but... it has this small thing on the rear plate... It seems to be nothing, but I would like to be sure, this is much money... Do you think I should worry ?

Thank you for your advices !

pictures :

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Akami

Akami Four on the floor Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    Looks like the chrome is bubbled up but I wouldn't let that bother me.

How do you like the bass itself?

3. I wouldn't worry at all, it just adds character to the bass (I.M.O) :)
    Dan

4. gregolak

gregolak

Jun 19, 2007
    I am dreaming of a stingray, I love the sound, the design, the color of that one !

5. gregolak

gregolak

Jun 19, 2007
    Thanks for your answers.

However I am still (a little bit) anxious...
    Have you ever seen such a thing ?
    Could it "hide" something more serious ?

6. I don't think it's a problem. It's certainly not going to effects the way the bass plays, and nobody looks at the back of the neck joint so looks aren't really an issue.

7. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Inactive

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
    As long as it plays fine now I don't think the neck plate will hide any issues...

8. Robert B

Robert B Somewhere under the rainbow Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Rittman, OH, USA
    I seems to me nothing more than cosmetic. I see no way it can affect the integrity, sound or playability of the bass. I wouldn't worry about it.

9. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Yep,that's chrome that didn't adhere to the plate.I see a lot of that.No worries,buy the bass and enjoy it.

10. gregolak

gregolak

Jun 19, 2007
    ok thanks for all your answers, I'll buy it ! :)

11. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    See my response on the EBMM forum. :D

Oh, and buying it is a smart move. Mind me asking how much you're paying for it? (PM me, don't post it)

12. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    If it really bothers you, just order a new one from EBMM customer service. They probably aren't too expensive at all...

13. Machines

Machines

Dec 1, 2005
    Birmingham, UK
    Moderator: basschat.co.uk
    They might ask you to send the original back - I am under the impression they don't sell spares without receiving the faulty item. I suspect this is to prevent people making knock offs.

I could of course be totally wrong.

14. gregolak

gregolak

Jun 19, 2007
    Anyway, I just wanted to be sure this couldn't be a real mechanical issue... It is just "estetic" , and I dont' care about the "look" of the rear of my bass !!

15. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Yeah, there no issues to worry about. It's simply chrome that didn't adhere to the metal, nothing more...it happens.

While it is unfortunate that the chrome is bubbling, there might not be anything EBMM can do about a replacement, since the serial number is stamped on that plate, and I don't think they stamp those plates in-house.

16. Kubs

Kubs

Jul 26, 2006
    Prague
    its good argument to get lower price :) nothing to bother this part is absolute changeable and has not to do with sound or quality of bass :) only problem if you will to change it is as was said serial number

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021