1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Secondary Dominents / Sub V's

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by libkavon, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Hi,First Id love to say this is a Talk Bass forum is just fantastic, My whole hearted Thanks goes out to every one invoved! Thank You!

I was wondering if any one out there could help me get a better understanding of "secondary Dominents/ Substitute V chords.Are they one and the same? What and Where can you substitute a V chord for?Is ia a cycle of II/V's? Im kinda at a loss whit this. Any examples from the real book or Recordings that might Help this sink into My ear?
    Thanks in advance for all the help, and all the Help I have already received through the Members of Talk Bass. This is a truly Wonderful Idea!:)

2. Thanks ed, I kinda get it, although ill have to ponder it a bit, The tritone thing is a little confusing, I think #4???? Any way Ive got the "real Book" out, looking Through "All the things you are". Im going to try to analize it and see what I come up with, I know I can get it,along with a good headache, in a bit......:confused:

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY