1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Securing wireless reciever to strap

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by valentine1, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

Just wanted to find out how you guys secure your wireless reciever to either the guitar or more likely, the bass guitar strap. I've got a Line 6 G90 and the reciever has a clip on it, but it constantly falls off, so much so that last show it just fell on the floor (lucky the cable coming out the front of my bass is R/A). I tend to jump around a fair amount, no matter what configuration I have that clip, it just won't stay secured to my strap! Before you say 'put it in your back pocket' - I've tried that and it's not good because of the movement I have on stage, swinging my bass around... Nearly ripped the cord out!

I don't want to tape it either, because then I'd unlikely be able to see the little battery screen, as well as being able to change the batteries! Not to mention it would look pretty crappy and I really don't want to ruin the enclosure with tape marks.

Anyone come up with good solutions to this? I realise I'm being incredibly picky, but I do hope someone out there is as stupid as I am :)

Thanks for your time!

2. pflash4001

pflash4001

Dec 2, 2011
    I know you said no tape, but I use black gaffer tape. It's more expensive, but leaves no residue like duct tape. It's great stuff. Another option...some time back I remember seeing a cordura pouch that attaches to your strap for your xmitter. I don't remember what catalog it was in, though. It was probably Musician's Friend, American Musical Supply, or Sweetwater.

3. Baer

Baer

Jul 8, 2008
    I use a G50 which, I believe, uses the same transmitter. My clip is very tight, but even so I use a simple velcro strap tightly wound around the transmitter at the clip. I reoriented the clip 90 degrees (there's a screw in the middle) so the antenna points downwhen in use on the strap. The off/on and mute switches are easliy accessable this way. The velcro strap over the clip also prevents the edge of the clip from scratching the bass if they touch while I'm putting on or taking off the bass.

4. Bassragerstitch

Bassragerstitch

Oct 21, 2010
    i know dunlop makes one i neotech makes on too i got the neotech works great

5. HometownLetdown

HometownLetdown

Sep 14, 2011
    +1000000000 to pflash, Black Gaffer tape leaves no residue, and if you use a black strap you can make it look really good. Also as long as you tape it correctly you can see the battery indicator etc just fine.

6. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Gold Supporting Member

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
  7. Clammy

Clammy

Nov 3, 2008
    Ottawa, Canada
    Endorsing Artist: Neal Moser Guitars, DR Strings
    I have a G50, and use this pouch as well. It's awesome! What I did was cut two holes in the bottom to allow the antenna and cable to stick out, and have it attached to my strap using velcro strips. I'm VERY animated on stage, and I've gigged this extensively and it's been perfect.

Cheers!
    :bassist::bassist::bassist:

8. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    My G30 transmitter's clip broke, so I have it zip tied to the strap right now. I've been meaning to make a pouch for it though, I do a bit of leather crafting as a hobby.

9. 2-Sticks

2-Sticks

Sep 8, 2008
    Vancouver B.C. Canada
    Endorsing Artist: S.I.T. Strings, Nordstrand Pickups, WB Gear,
    I took the easiest approach to keep my transmitter in place.....I marked where I wanted it on my strap, then punched a whole for the screw for the clip. Then I just removed the clip, slid it onto my strap and screwed the whole thing to transmitter. It hasn't moved in the 6 months it's been on there and I move around alot.

10. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Velcro. Yeah, it's tape, but it's fuzzy tape.......

11. Now that's clever!

Thanks all for your suggestions, I now have a much better idea of what to do! I think velcro and that screw trick will be perfect :)

Unless... I get that wireless holder... Oh now now I can't decide!

Aaaaaah!

*runs in circles*

But seriously, thank you all ^_^

12. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    I saw a thread where someone routed an extra cavity in their bass to put the transmitter in... Not sure how big your transmitter is, or how much you value your basses resale value, but this is an option if you move around too much.

13. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I put the clip through the little slot in the leather strap. Mine has a little battery compartment cover that can come off anyway, so I do what I do for any situation, and it will violate your first rule.

I wrap it one time with black duct tape.

When I want to change the battery, I just peel the tape back. Works many times, and eventually, I replace the piece of duct tape.

Works for me!

14. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
  15. Howlin' Hanson

Howlin' Hanson Lighter cabs, please. Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Austin TX
    How metal are you? Try surgical implantation!

Oh wait, battery replacement will be a bother...

16. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Nov 26, 2010
    The implantation that I saw had it in a compartment where the lid just snapped on and off. I'll have to see if I can find the thread...

17. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    If I remember correctly, Stefan Lessard of DMB used to have something like this done. I think they would take the transmitter apart and find a way to integrate it into the cavity already in the back of the bass. I'll have to see if I can find that again. Thought it was pretty neat.

18. Davejs

Davejs

Dec 21, 2011
    Commercial Hook and Loop Velcro will hold it on works for skydivers at 120+MPH unless you move faster then that.

bullitproof likes this.