1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SED 6550"C"s/SVKT88's or JJ KT88's in my Mesa Bass 400..??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by suraj, Mar 18, 2010.

1. suraj

suraj

Oct 1, 2008
    Mumbai, India
    I want to restore my amp(Mesa Bass 400), so its getting new caps(F&T) and an entire tube replacement:bassist:

Now im confused between the SED Winged C 6550's and the JJKT88's and maybe the SED SVKT88's...

The SED KT 88's are a little out of budget, but if they are much much better then i'll go for them..

Do the KT88's actually sound better and louder than 6550's, specially in an amp like mine, which doesnt run these tubes at optimal voltages..??

I need deeeeeep thumpy low end with plenty of rumble and punchy cutting upper mids with a smooth non harsh top..but the top should be clear and open sounding.

Im also buying a Mesa PH212 so is it gonna be fne for the kind of tone i want..?? i'll also need it to get pretty loud..!!

:help:

suggestions for a preamp retube anyone..?? I heard of something like two balanced and two unbalanced 12ax7's, i dunno where...I will also try the 12at7 in the v4 position..

can someone also help me with Bob from Eurotubes email..??

Sorry for lots of questions:D
    Thanks in advance:)

2. Cant tell AU much re the SOUND of the tubes ... BUT here's Bobs email

eurotubes@cnnw.net

3. suraj

suraj

Oct 1, 2008
    Mumbai, India
    thanks mate;)

anyone else..??

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 30, 2020