Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

See-through basses anyone?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Velocimaniac, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Velocimaniac

Velocimaniac

Jun 14, 2002
    Alabama
  2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    there is a company that makes replacement bodies but i can't remember who tho'.

steve

3. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Seen em on gimmick guitars, and now its just on a bass. No big deal, but they do look pretty cool for using on a gig or two.

4. I thought I saw a B.C. Rich like that once. It'd be cooler if it was glow in the dark.:p

5. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    You can get those ampeg ones in transparent 'Smoked' finish too, which is nice

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Not "sometimes". The Dan Armstrongs are back for those who like that sort of thing.

I saw a guy playing one of those clear BC Rich guitars. It sounded alright through loads of distortion...

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  8. Skavenger

Skavenger

May 26, 2002
    Sweden
    Haven't you seen Kirk hammet's see-thru guitar with waves?

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. i'm sure that sounds really good with all of that water in there. reminds me of the pimp shoes with gold fish in them.

10. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I always wanted to play one through a Mojotone amp to get the audience worked up -

[​IMG]

11. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    Fieldy only NEEDS one string. He's just that good.

12. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Bah, and Jaco needed 4. :rolleyes: ;)

I recall Riggs of Rob Zombie had a guitar filled with "snakes blood".

13. I remember seeing a pic from some US trade show in an old copy of Guitarist of a see-thru water-filled guitar with live goldfish inside.

a lava-lamp guitar could be a cool stage prop- anyone done that?

14. I seem to remember reading about a *granite* bass once about 12 years (or more) ago. Someone took a headstone and put pickups and a neck on it. Supposedly weighed about 25lbs (or more) but had sustain like nobody's business.

I'm trying to find any references on it but I'm coming up with nada.

PS When I'm done totally f**king up my Essex 5 string fretless with my decoupage project I'll post the pics on here and on BunnyBass!

ROFL