Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

See you in September

Discussion in 'Ask Michael Dimin' started by Mike Dimin, May 27, 2003.

1. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    TB,

From the beginning TB has been a second home for me (my wife might say mistress). It has been a way for me to share information, to learn, to teach, to get lost and to be found.

Recently I have noticed that I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed between family, gigging, teaching, internet sales, blah, blah, blah ...

Paul has agreed to let me take some time off. My forum will be marked read only. I still will lurk and post and answer questions, but the pressure of hosting this forum will be off ... at least for a bit.

I'll be back, in full force, on September 1st. Please everyone enjoy your summer (winter for those of you in the southern hemisphere), make great music and be safe

Mike Dimin

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I hope you have a restful break, and you get a chance to clear your mind a bit. I'll see you again in September, hopefully back in full force!

3. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    Hi Mike,

Sorry to read that you feel overwhelmed. But I can understand. So enjoy your rest and have a great summer. Will look forward to your return.

Take care :)
    Stephanie

4. It's September 1st, and I have the first (useless) post in the Mike Dimin forum! Yeah!

Welcome back, Mike - hope you had a relaxing hiatus from the mad, mad world that is TB!

--jeff

5. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Being welcomed back is never useless. Thanks so much. Part of the reason I took off was that I was so very busy. It is a good thing when we can make a living playing our music

Mike

6. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Welcome back Mike! So, details, how was your vacation?

7. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Nick,
    Thanks for the Welcome Back. I did actually have one week of vacation on Cape Cod. It was really nice and I got the chance to meet Bass Builder, Karl Hoyt. He is a really nice guy and builds wonderful instruments.

Besides that, I did a wekk in Nashville for the NAMM show, taught a week at the National Summer Guitar Workshop, gigged constantly, wrote all the new text for the new EA website (www.euphonicaudio.com). Have been developing my workshop for BassQuake 2003 on Sept 27th (www.bassquake.org besides gigging constantly. It was not so much a vacation but I did not want to "slight" my commitment to talkbass by not being able to take the time to answer. Things are getting a bit more routine now.

Mike

8. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    That sounds like a fun time! I would have loved to go to NAMM (one day *crosses fingers*). It's awesome that you have the constant gigs, I wish I had something even half as steady as that ;)

Glad to hear you're back!

9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  10. hoytbasses

hoytbasses

Mar 30, 2003
    Cape Cod
    I build stringed instruments.......
    o.k..... enough of this lounging about...... back to work, Mike! But don't be surprised to have a little reality shock as I am having after my first week of teaching! The early hours are killing me after a summers' worth of gigging.

It was very nice to meet you as well. You are likewise a nice guy though you should consider some lessons to help your so-so bass playing skills :rolleyes: (you will note that I didn't pick up a bass during your visit)

I would not be too surprised to hear that your wife finally twists your arm and makes you move out to the Cape full time! One proviso: spend a week or so in January prior to putting the down payment on your Eastham Dream house. I personally like the quiet of the off season, especially on the outer cape: much fewer of those *(^%&*^ New Yorkers to deal with. (BTW, if you DO move here, you officially lose your ^(*&^* New Yorker status after your first winter ..

take care and welcome back:

Karl Hoyt

11. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Karl,

This was my house last winter (the little red thing in forground is my son)

[​IMG]

12. hoytbasses

hoytbasses

Mar 30, 2003
    Cape Cod
    I build stringed instruments.......
    touche, Mike

welcome back to TB

kfh