seein phil lesh july 1st...anyone else hittin this tour?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Matt R Miller, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    hey im seein the Dead july 1st at summerfest in milwaukee...this means the man himself...PHIL LESH. never seen him before and im extremely excited. any other tb'ers goin to this show or any other shows on their tour?
  2. mike mcd

mike mcd

Dec 11, 2002
    Cool, I think I'm going to see them at the Garden State Arts Center this summer. Dank Nuggets for sure!
  3. mike mcd

mike mcd

Dec 11, 2002
    Unfortunatley, I just got the bill and it's costing $50.00 to stand on the lawn! Still should be a good show though. No other dead fans here?
  4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Huge long time GRATEFUL Dead fan here, but I guess I'm just not interested in the "new" recycled version. Just too many other acts to catch nowadays, I guess.

Pluss, I've seen Phil and Friends a couple of times and was never really blown away by them. Maybe I'm just too much of an old school Deadhead, but "GD Lite" just doesn't cut it for me.
  5. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    PB, you're right on the mark. I've seen the Dead well over 50 times and am a long time fan but Diet Dead just sucks. I swallowed my doubts and went a few months ago to see the Other Ones. It was horrible.
  6. mike mcd

mike mcd

Dec 11, 2002
    I wasn't really a Dead fan when Jerry was alive, so I never had the chance to see them back then. I think Phil Lesh has some cool bass lines though, and The Other One's cd from a few years back is pretty cool. Hey, the guy who is playing guitar now seems to know all of Jerry's little hammer-on/pull-off tricks plus some more :spit: :bassist:
    Also, I'm hoping by now they will have learned how to spare the audience from their attempts at learning how to tune their instruments:eek:
    And besides, it's all just music after all. Sure, it would be cool to see Jerry, but I don't think the Dead should retire because Jerry's gone. Besides, they went through some pretty bad phases with those cheesy keyboard sounds and that keyboardist/singer(was it Brett or Brent?) who sung like one of those 80's pop singers.