1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Seeing Atheist this Saturday!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MaskedJackal, Nov 29, 2006.

1. The tech-metal gods are playing their first USA show in 15 years. It will be awesome. It will be facemelting. And it will be 15 minutes from my college.

I'll post a review thingy here afterwards.

STOKED! :hyper::eek::bassist::D

2. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    ... God willing. ;)

3. Heheh.

By the way....I'm not an athiest FWIW. But hey Bill, if you like fusion jazz, give these guys a chance. Their second and third records have some really interesting structures.

4. :mad:
    Envy, I loved these guys. Then Shoemaker died and I still loved them. That was years ago, but I wish I was there to see it.

5. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Atheist had nothing to do with atheism. Kinda weird.

But an awesome band and I wish I could see them.

6. Jealous............page is.

7. Pictures and interview to come!

8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Sweet :)

9. pklima

pklima Commercial User

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Karoryfer Samples
    Atheist - the gods.
    They were present during a bank robbery and their name is really supposed to be At Heist. Not quite as funny as Pantheist, though.

10. Yeah yeah yeah, ahah...oh well, I wasn't thinking when I wrote it but oh man am I excited for this show. Tony Choy!

11. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Man, Elements was such a cool album. Though for some reason, the production wasn't up to par (IMO) for being on Metal Blade. The whole thing kind of lacked low end and had a demo quality to it. Athiest is a great band none the less, and both Tony Choy and Roger Patterson were bad arse in their own right, each with his own unique style. In a time with a million generic cookie-cutter death metal and metalcore bands in the scene, I'd love to see these guys live.