Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Seeing High on Fire Feb 10th!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm so stoked about this... that's the reason I have Joe Preston as my avatar. This is such a legendary band I'm seeing. I mean, just on the basis of Joe Preston being "Thrones" and from Earth/Melvins... and then there is Matt Pike from the almighty Sleep.

It took me a while to "get" HOF because of the whole genre thing... I was expecting doomy/sludgey/stoner rock... High on Fire is just awesome metal... the first two albums are kinda doomy... but regardless... I'm learning to let go of genres.

They are playing with Big Business (ex-Karp... ?) pretty cool. And a few other bands... all that for 12 bucks... not bad.

Anyone catching this tour?

2. I saw them on the sounds of the underground tour in Philly. Good band. Three piece too!

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

YEAH, Joe was a bit buried on the album, I can't wait to actually HEAR what he has to play... plus I'm sure they'll jam the songs out and he'll get a little space. This is gonna be sweet!