1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Seeing Increase In Selling Dark Glass Vintage Pedals - Whats Up?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassBeginer64, Nov 22, 2018.

1. BassBeginer64

BassBeginer64 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    Just noticing a big increase in the classifieds on Dark Glass Vintage Pedals for sale, is something up?

2. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    I can't speak for every player but the Microtubes X7 and X probably have a lot to do with it.

I was close to pulling the trigger on the Vintage Deluxe V2 until the X7 came out.

3. The new X7 can probably get into Vintage territory. And when a manufacturer comes up with something new, this is a natural progression of events.
    It’s making them tempting, though.

Grahams Groove and Robertron like this.
  4. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I still have mine. even though I am aware of the new microtubes x and x7, I'm still keeping my vmt. it's my most treasured bass overdrive. with that being said, I do plan on buying another darkglass pedal to go with my vmt. I was thinking of getting either the vintage deluxe or the microtubes x7.

zapped777, BrentSimons and FaithNoMan like this.
  5. JN8642

JN8642

Aug 19, 2015
    I've gone back to the VMT a few times now, great all around OD. I keep buying and selling them to try new things. I actually think mine is the cheapest listed on TB classifieds currently ;)

6. I say get the X7… It’s a game changer.

Crystalman85 likes this.
  7. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Also, maybe they're selling more new and the used market just gets a portion of that increase? I've seen them in a lot more stores over the last year or so.

8. keatz

keatz

Jan 19, 2011
    How are people dialing in the x to replicate vmt? I can only get BKish tones. I can see it getting vmt easier than AO though, the x gain structure cannot mach the harmonic bliss of the AO.

9. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I don’t really hear much VMT in the X7, but can verify that stacking a VMT into an X7 is a glorious combo!

zapped777 likes this.