seeing MUSE tonight!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Sep 8, 2004.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Well, the big day out wasnt enough for me. Tonight we have muse at Festival Hall, Melbourne, Australia. 8PM start with one support band called 'neon'. aparently they have released one EP and they are supporting an international band. go figure.

Anyway tonight im seeing MUSE AGAIN. so pumped. sorry about the outburst, just thought id let everyone know..:D
  2. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    My 14 and 16 year old daughters have done to me, what I failed to do my parents with Allman Brothers, Humble Pie: play an artist nonstop and lous with hopes of them liking my music.

I love Muse. They are the first band that has truly turned my head at new fresh music in 10-15 years. I can't actually believe I like them so much. Something in my old self says I shouldn't.

Due to the intricate nature of the songs, I convinced the guitarist writes most bass parts, as they are not bass parts, if you know what I mean.

Caught Muse this summer at an outdoor festival. My only peave is that you are watching a 3 piece band and hearing a 5 piece. Most of not all of their show has sequenced tracks supporting it. I know it's a reality today, but I'm not a huge fan of that. Great show nonetheless.

Absolution is a great album. It gets played very loud in my car. Have fun at the show.
  3. Muse rock! They're one of the last good british bands, we now have crap like The Streets and Franz Ferdinand. I can play a bit of improvised Hysteria, I couldn't find correct tab for it. I wanna see them now. *JEALOUSY*
  4. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    The latest issue of BP has the tab for it.

I caught Franz Ferdinand live on some show on Sky TV on the weekend. I didn't think they were that bad. Need to listen to more of them.

One artist that I'm also enjoying alot is Derek Trucks. Different music, but fresh pulling in the sytles I like (blues/jazz/rock).
  5. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    muse are excellent! seeing little matt onstage is most exciting :D <3
  6. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    why do you think The Streets and Franz Ferdinand are crap? :meh:

i love both of those bands. granted they aren't as technical as muse, but give them credit for what they are.

i'm so glad franz ferdinand won the mercury music prize :)

Ich heisse Superfantastisch!!!
  7. Franz Ferdinand NEVER deserved that prize. There are bands that are so much better. If people think that Franz Ferdinand are the best in scotland then they obviously havent heard of Runrig. They ARE the best band in Scotland. I mean, they been around 30 years, played the biggest, fast selling concert in scotland ever. Nuff' said.
  8. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    and again, why do you dislike Franz Ferdinand? :p

as far as i know, the mercury music prize isn't exclusive to scottish bands. i don't even think of them as a scottish band. i tend not to think of bands in terms of nationalities :meh:

i have never heard of runrig, obviously.
  9. I lurv Muse. Go mad Kirby.
  10. Franz ferdinand are drivel. They just cant sing or play. I have seen much better local bands round my area.
  11. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    How about respecting a band instead of tearing them down. Remember, music is not a contest; You cannot win at music.

I kind of like "Take Me Out", pretty catchy. Muse isn't bad either, but I have never heard of Runrig. :confused:

12. I think I heard the bassist used to be a rhythm guitar player so that might be why they are alittle different.

Have fun at the show! I wish I saw them when they were in my area.
  13. JohnnyA

Aug 21, 2004
    I like Muse.
    I like Franz Ferdinand.
    I'm going to see Franz in October.
    I would LOVE to see Muse live.

Drivel, Shmivel, I like music. I don't really care how "well" they play as long as it sounds good to me.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

14. I like Runrig and Franz Ferdinand. I don't see what it's got to do with Kirby going to see Muse Though. Crazy stuff.
  15. I was really bummed out when i found out Muse was sold out in Sydney this week. I havent seen them yet but i wouldnt mind.. maybe next time.

I'm seeing blink tonight tho (ive got another thread about it) i'll post reply of how it goes..

With regards to the singer of Franz Ferdenan.. I had dinner right next to him in a Sushi Bar next to my work Called Makato. Seemed like a nice guy but i couldnt make out coz i was trying NOT to listen to his conversation since i was with someone, but i could swear he's stuck in a time warp.. in a kinda cool retro 50's kinda way.

have fun at muse!
  16. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    +a gazillion!!

i'll remember that statement :)
  17. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    I love MUSE. Their bassist rocks! Awesome tone from his Pedulla Raptures. yum! I definitely love the style that the bassist uses in MUSE. Kind of reminds me of NES tunes from the 80's, but thats what carries the music. So much dynamic, and punch in the riffs. Love it!

I saw them at Curiosa in Randall's Island. I was right up there in the 2nd row from them. It was breaktaking! I heard they're coming back around November in NYC! Definitely going!

anyone want the Hysteria tabbed? I'll tab the intro if anyone wants :p
  18. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    I would love Tabs

I love Muse. I have there new CD I love it. I find it creepy at some parts but that makes it better.

Have fun
  19. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Well the gig was brilliant. they opened with sing for absolution and then BAM..STRAIGHT into hysteria.

i was up the front going nuts with mat right in front of me. one of the most amazing shots of the nights was during butterflies and hurricanes. they lyrics come in and go 'BEST..youve got to be the BEST' and on that first 'best' everything went black, accept for one white light coming up from below mat. it was f****** amazing. they also had some sort of audio-visual display behind them which just added to the awsomeness.

they closed with plug in baby and stockholm syndrome. stockholm syndrome was just incredible...the drums & bass were just so tight that it was sickening. there was a point where i was balling my eyes oput, thats how emotional and passionate the band is about their music (if that makes any sence?)

they released the big white balls into the croud, about 7 of them, and when they popped confettii went EVERYWHERE.. i also scored the plectrum that mat used during stockholm syndrome. OH YEAH...

even if you dont like them, or preferr franz ferdinand, i urge you to go see these guys. not just for the bass player, but for the entire musicallity of the group. 9.9/10. the only thing that doesnt make it a 10 is the fact that i didnt know all the words :D