1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Seeing Tim Landers with Billy Cobham tonight

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kesslari, Mar 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    I am STOKED!
    Mr. Landers put the TL in "Peavey TL-5" :D and is a great player. BC is one of the all time greats in my book. First time hearing either of them life.

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I don't know Tim, but Billy's a monster on drums.

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    It should be great! Landers did time with Cobham back in the 80’s, I’ve always dug his playing.

4. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    BC was indeed monstrous - so much authority in his groove and in every hit. Super musical drummer.
    The band was tight. The reed player mostly played bassoon! - through a synth or very synthy effects. He played a bit of soprano sax too, but mostly bassoon, which was kind of cool.
    Tim Landers held down the bottom. Nothing flashy. Absolutely a team-first approach, and very solid. Though I secretly hoped for a bit more flash - I know he's got it in him.

Bob_Ross and bholder like this.
  5. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Wow, I had know idea Tim was back with Billy. I was aware of their work in the 80s, and I was aware of Tim's work in the 70s when he was still in (or fresh out of) Berklee, used to hear him playing in local jazz clubs around Boston. Great player.

I'm really intrigued by the idea of Billy & Tim & an electric bassoon player!

bholder likes this.