1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Implemented Seeing who posted in a thread already

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by 202dy, Apr 17, 2015.

1. 202dy

202dy Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2006
    The new social format is very good.

In the old format we could see who posted in a thread by clicking on the number of replies. A window would appear showing the participants in the thread and the number of posts they made. The new social format does not seem to allow this function. It is a great time saver, especially on threads with a lot of replies.

Is there a way to do this in the social format? If not, is there a work around?

2. 202dy

202dy Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2006
    Let's try this again.

How can one view the screen names of posters in a thread without scrolling through the thread?

3. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    This feature does not exist currently, so moving to the suggestion box. I can look into this if there's enough interest...

4. 202dy

202dy Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2006
    Thank you.

I discussed this with one of the mods. He wondered why this feature is missing.

There are a few good reasons to have this enabled. It is a convenient time saver to see when other knowledgeable members have posted correct information that may stand alone or might need further clarification or corroboration. Or to see if there is a need to post because no one has helped someone with a question. It can also help avoid getting entangled in a less productive thread.

5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    It'd be cool to see, for some of the megathreads.

6. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    There is an add-on we could try. Only drawback may be database performance issues...

7. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Done and done. Click "Participants" link atop the thread to get a list of all the thread's posters:

Screenshot at Oct 14 23-33-47.

8. Lobster11

Lobster11 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    Excellent: I like it!

9. 202dy

202dy Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2006
    Thank you.

Does it affect database performance?

10. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    It does not seem to have any negative impact :)

11. 202dy

202dy Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2006
    Excellent!