Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

seek and destroy

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Geezerman, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    http://media.putfile.com/Movie_00018510

in the middle the power went out so the camera man edited it a few times so thats why it sounds a bit funny. We've practiced 3 times so far, and the shows in about 3 weeks, any comments?

PS: we look boring nut at that point my fingers were wrecked, and we were angry about the power :p

2. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Sounds awesome vocals need to be boosted up ALOT MORE. Sounds like he's singing into like a pillow.

I dunno if my speakers are dead but I can't really hear any bass. What kind of rig are you running, try boosting your mids and highs to cut through more.

I wish I had your drummer in my band. :bawl:

The guitarist in the white tshirt I liked alot.

Thats about it.

-Rob

3. Yea, tell that guitarist he's cool.

4. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    my bass is lost in the mix you can hear it though, eh the white shirted guitarist (my cousin) needs alot of work on his rythm and timing, the lead guitarists amp was in the back so you REALLY can't hear him much...and yes i need to get a rig, 60 watt rumbe aint cutting it here :p

Thanks for the comments! :hyper:

5. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Bump

We are expecting to tape The God that Failed, Rat Salad and the hand of doom

6. Nice work man, It could use some speed to, just cause it sounds slow to me, maybe its cause im used to hearing live versions, but my band plays it too, believe me it's much more fun if you play it just that bit fast, give it a try.

Otherwise, top job!

7. f'nar f'nar youre right, its slow, it needs to be a bit faster

8. +1 on the speed issues.(mostly on the main riff)

I have no problem with not playing at the exact speed of the originals, but you don't want it to get boring :)

Your singer does need to be louder, and I don't know if it is just me, but he seems like he is trying to scream too much instead of singing.. I know it's Metallica but there's no reason he can't put a little singing effort into it.

You guys were really good though, seemed pretty solid.

9. you need to turn up the vocals.

10. Geezerman

Geezerman

Nov 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    again thanks for the replies...i will tell my drummer because i lock in with him...if the guitars dont speed up they will get an ass kicking :smug:

And +1- about the singer, the original was screamed and i like it better but he needs to find his vocal range and bump his volume up, and damn ythm guitarist puts his amp on 11, while the leads on 6 :rolleyes: