1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Seeking advice for new neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Electrophonic, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Electrophonic

Electrophonic

Aug 11, 2010
    I am looking for a replacement neck for one of my p basses. I've been looking through the Mighty Mite, Warmoth, Allparts etc. sites, but still haven't found exactly what I am looking for. Before I check with a custom shop, does anyone know of a link to a neck with these specs?

Maple
    Vintage glossy finish
    1.75" nut
    7.25" fretboard radius

2. solderjunkie

solderjunkie

Jan 27, 2008
    Nashville TN
    Look on Ebay for a '62 Reissue Fender Precision neck.

3. Lo-E

Lo-E

Dec 19, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    A '62 reissue neck will be rosewood and a 1 11/16" nut, I'm afraid.

It's the 1.75" nut that's going to be the hard part. Just out of curiosity, is this bass an '83? That's the only year I know of that Fender was using necks that wide, but I'm no Fender historian either.

All parts necks are very good quality, but I think the tinted maple necks are 1 11/16" at the nut. You could check and see what dimensions are stock at U.S. Custom, too.

There are some vendors who part out basses on Ebay. While I'm not a big fan of the practice, it is an option. I believe the Roger Waters model P-bass has all the specs your after except the tint. That's the best I can offer.