1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Seeking advice on purchase of a new Spector Euro LX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DirtySocks1379, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Okay. I have been saving up for over a year to buy a Spector Euro, and I'm actually glad it took so long because now I can get the beautiful Euro LX with a zebrawood top

pic:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=301&stc=1

and it is even a bit cheaper than the standard euro's.
    I was just wondering if anybody out there has/had an alder wood/zebrawood bass, and if so, could they could give me some input on tonal qualities of the two woods mixed (I've played many euro's, so I know how they sound with maple build).

Also, for the past year, I had envisioned the Euro I would buy to be translucent black with all black hardware. (Gold on black is a bit flashy for my taste) Now that I am leaning towards the LX, I am not sure if I should still get the black hardware, it looks pretty sweet with the gold. Any opinions? Maybe even a link to pics of similar two tone dark/light stripe basses with black hardware. I can't seem to find too many. (Hope it's not because it's ugly). I know this is mere cosmetics but this is going to be the last bass I will ever need (chuckle) so I want it to be perfect. Thank you for your time everyone.

2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    ...about getting black hardware on my Amber Czech but I took a chance and got the gold. I think I made the right choice, it looks great.