Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Seeking advice on purchase of a new Spector Euro LX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DirtySocks1379, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Okay. I have been saving up for over a year to buy a Spector Euro, and I'm actually glad it took so long because now I can get the beautiful Euro LX with a zebrawood top

pic:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=301&stc=1

and it is even a bit cheaper than the standard euro's.
    I was just wondering if anybody out there has/had an alder wood/zebrawood bass, and if so, could they could give me some input on tonal qualities of the two woods mixed (I've played many euro's, so I know how they sound with maple build).

Also, for the past year, I had envisioned the Euro I would buy to be translucent black with all black hardware. (Gold on black is a bit flashy for my taste) Now that I am leaning towards the LX, I am not sure if I should still get the black hardware, it looks pretty sweet with the gold. Any opinions? Maybe even a link to pics of similar two tone dark/light stripe basses with black hardware. I can't seem to find too many. (Hope it's not because it's ugly). I know this is mere cosmetics but this is going to be the last bass I will ever need (chuckle) so I want it to be perfect. Thank you for your time everyone.

2. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    ...about getting black hardware on my Amber Czech but I took a chance and got the gold. I think I made the right choice, it looks great.