1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Seeking Advice

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mr.QuakQuak, May 19, 2005.

1. Right now I'm working at a liquor store, and once summer comes I'll get more hours but still roughly work 25 hours a week making about
    120 after taxes.

I got offered a job in construction from my future brother-in-law's brother doing painting and minior carpentry (i have two years of carpentry class from school and can do framing some roofing, molding, and sheetrocking) It's 5 days a week 40 hours, and 12 dollars an hour, all under the table money, totaling to about $500 a week. Also if I can show him I can do harder work with my skills I can get more.

I can find someone to replace me for the summer at my current job and try to come back in september because I need a job while in school, or I can quit and the money I'll make can hold me over for a bit until I can find a new job.

I really don't know what to do. I was thinking try out the construction job and see how I like it, and if it's a good deal, talk to my boss then, or should I just talk to him now ?

2. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    I would say go to work with the job for a few days and see how ya like it! You never know what a person is like to work for. They could be the coolest person in the world till they are your boss!

3. $120 for 25 hours versus $500 or more for 40 hours?

If you have a little background in carpentry, why wouldn't you take it?

Also, the day will go faster when you're not standing around waiting for the next customer as in a store.

You take that half-a-grand, y'hear? ;)

Mike

4. It would be 4 grand over the summer, but I just found out the jobs a hour away, so now I'm not doing it. Now I can keep my job long term and enjot my summer before I start college. Let the parties begin !!