Seeking Infinity Looper wizards

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JES, Jun 18, 2017.

1. JES

JES Supporting Member

i guess this is also a belated NPD post--just got a decent deal on a used one with remote. I really like it so far. Basic functions are super easy to use. In terms of fun and ease of use level, this is up there with the Boomerang.

But I have questions from jamming with someone today:

1. Is there a way to get loop 1 to sync to loop 2? The manual talks about syncing loop 2 to loop 1 but this is a little different. I got a melody and overdubs going on 1, bassline on 2 (synced) and then wanted to replace the melody and overdubs on 1. I had stop set to armed track only. But when I erased loop 1 and started recording something new on it, it was totally out of sync with loop 2.

2. I tried syncing via MIDI to my H9. But I can't figure out how it determines the start of a measure, so it was a little hard to count in.... I thought it would be easier in time with a delay, but it wasn't.

TIA.

2. JES likes this.
  3. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    tumblr_okdgfgwH391rrk5zio1_500.jpg

For (1), I don't totally understand the question. Are you saying you record on 1, record on 2 and it's synced, but when you try to re-record/overdub 1 it's no longer synced?

For (2), which one is the master and which one is the slave?

4. JES

JES Supporting Member

Thanks Adam.

1. Let me try and explain. I start the song on Loop 1. Record melody (A) and overdub (melody B). Bass line is on loop 2, in parallel. I turn off loop 1 to do a new melody (melody C) over the bass line. Now I want to loop it, so I erase the original loop 1 by holding down the stop button. Stop mode is "arm." When I record a new loop of Melody C on loop 1, it is not in sync. Is there a way to keep loop 1 in sync with loop 2 (or the old loop 1)?

2. H9 is master, sending MIDI clock, Infinity is slave. I get the flashing light as a visual metronome, but I'm not good with visual metronomes....

5. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    I've been traveling for several days and haven't had any time to respond, much less test things out. Off the top of my head I don't have answers to either. For the first question, I would need to try some things out.

For the second question, I do have an H9 but I use my Beat Buddy to set the clock/measures for my Infinity. Also, it was a dumb question on my part because I forgot the Infinity is only MIDI in! When you hook it up this way, you have the one flashing light at the beginning of the measure on the Infinity, is that what you're referring to?

TL;DR get a Beat Buddy :D

6. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    Interesting thread.

7. JES

JES Supporting Member

The need for the beat buddy is obviated by a live drummer. But I fixed the MIDI problem by switching MIDI sync modes per the manual.

The erase and replace loop 1 issue persists.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022