Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Seeking Southeast Michigan Bass Tech

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Buzz, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Buzz

Buzz

Feb 3, 2004
    Metro Detroit
    I'm looking for a bass tech set up/repair person close to the Howell/Brighton area in Southeast Michigan to resolve a Am. Std. Fender Jazz bass neck issue. I need someone with experience and know how. Who do you highly recommend in my region? Thank you.

Buzz

2. JFN

JFN Supporting Member

If you can make the drive to SW Michigan (Kalamazoo), Pete Marino of Marino's Guitar Clinic is a great guy. Pete used to work in the Gibson factory back when Gibson was in Kalamazoo. He still does work for Heritage which is the old Gibson facility. People come from miles around to have Pete work on their axes. He’s the only guy I use for my gear.

John

3. Mike Koontz, Koontz guitar repair. One of the best in the business garunteed. Has done all my fret work including refrets, refinish my fretless fingerboards, you name it, he's been there, done that, etc.

Just look for Koontz guitar repair or Mike Koontz on the internet and he'll popup. He's in Ferndale, MI, probably 30-45 minutes from your place.

4. Buzz

Buzz

Feb 3, 2004
    Metro Detroit
    Thanks Freebeer! I spoke with Bob at Low Down Sound (also in Ferndale) and he too recommended Mike. Glad to hear you are happy with his work. I hear he's the schnizzle!

Buzz