Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

seeking toying with guitar electronics help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by imonfire,dude, Feb 9, 2004.

1. imonfire,dude

imonfire,dude

Jan 22, 2004
    i purchased a $50 squier stat (yes, this is a guitar question. sorry!) today, and i wanna learn to use a soldering iron. so this squier is now my experiment :) i'm a steve albini fan, too. in big black his guitar is of an electronic frankenstein variety, and it just squeals and shrieks and sounds generally disturbing. i am looking to recreate such sound, as i want to form a for-fun big black tribute band to scare the local kids who hang out at the rockin' rollerrink. basically just need somone to tell me how to and get me on the right foot :)

i uploaded 2 examples of albini guitar, there is some pedals in the sound but he fished around quite a bit with his strat's electronics/pups.

(no i'm not going to nail the exact sound with a squire strat, albini used an actual fender. i'm just looking to get a similar noise.)

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Can't get the bass sounds I want let alone guitar.

3. jim primate

jim primate bass guitarist.

i know the santiago durango had active bartolini's in his tele. and albini's strat was a copy. not a real fender. and lord knows what he did to the pickups. a metal pick helps some. and an old fender bassman tube amp. you can get great brass picks made by teckpick at firstguitar.com