1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

* * seeking upcoming NYC Sadowsky build details * *

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Low84, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Low84

Low84 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    hi, fellow TB'ers!

i read a blurb here not too long ago in which one of you described receiving inside info on the specifications of upcoming NYC Sadowsky basses. welp... this certainly made my ears perk up.

i'm the original owner of a NYC 4-string (bought it off-the-rack recently from Roger's shop) and am looking to pick up a NYC 5-string. i'm not expecting to have someone e-mail me a list of specs on all the basses coming down the line in Roger's shop... but i have a particular 5-string in mind and would LOVE to know if something similar is in the works. i'm not uber-picky when it comes to body color and am open-minded on a few other options. before pulling the trigger on a custom-build and having to wait 9 to 12 months, it would be a beautiful thing to know if something close is around the corner.

so if someone who's connected can help out a dedicated Sadowsky owner, please send me a private message.

thank you so much!

2. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    Why not just ask Sadowsky?

3. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    I think StayLow is right.

4. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    (718) 433-1990

5. Jim Carr

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Care to describe what you are seeking?

6. Just download the order form and make the call. Order what you want. It doesn't change the price and you get exactly what you want.

7. Jim Carr

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    As the marvelous Kevin Drexler has been known to say, "What could be better than a Sadowsky bass? Two Sadowsky basses!"

Wish I could afford one like this:
    4320_full_lg.

or this!

blue_sadowsky.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    DaveAceofBass and Fuzzbass like this.
  8. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    ^ Great taste in basses. Off the chain-hook! :)

Love the blue. Should you ever wanna sell it...

9. Jim Carr

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    Thanks for your kind words, but to clarify, these are the two basses that I would choose between for a 2nd Sadowsky. I only have one, see below. N.B., it is a 4-string version of the transparent cherry p/j 5er above. Also, the transparent blue bass above belongs to Nashville studio ace, Kevin "swine" Grantt.

4633_1.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014