1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Seeking your real life experiences...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BxBomber, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Barefaced Super Compact

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Audiokinesis Hathor 1203

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Revsound rs112xt

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hello fellow TB’ers! Hope everyone is safe and healthy. Need your real life experiences, insights and feedback with these three cabs. Barefaced Super Compact, Audiokinesis Hathor 1203 & Revsound rs112xt. Haven’t been able to play thru any of them. Obviously these are all phenomenal so I believe I’ll be happy with whichever one I decide to go with. Don’t think I’ll have too much trouble flipping either of them if I’m not happy. Have listened to videos of each but I find videos to be very limited in how much they help.

Currently with a fairly loud contemporary Rock/Blues cover band (Bonamassa, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, some Deep Purple, Zep etc.). Play an American made G&L SB2 through a Mesa d800+. Will probably buy 2 of whichever one I settle on, though will start off with one initially.

Based on this info is there one of these cabs that stands out in your mind?

2. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    I currently own the 1203 and have owned a Super Compact, but have never heard a Revsound cab. The Super Compact gets louder and lower than the 1203, but it has no real content above about 5KHz, and everything over about 2 KHz is very muted. I'd go there only if you usually turn off your tweeters and don't need any top end definition. The 1203 is the best combination of toneful, loud and portable I have ever played, by far. It's very versatile (because of the ports and switches). As long as you won't need huge volume (like a 212 or 410 type gig), it gets my vote.

BxBomber likes this.
  3. Thanks for the info it’s very much appreciated! I usually do turn off my tweeters but I do like having them with the option of turning them on if necessary. Thanks for confirming what I had suspected based on specs that the Super Compact would be louder than the Hathor.

4. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Check out Boom Bass Cabs too. Really well built, tight sound at volume. Great lows. They make compact 212 also.

BxBomber likes this.
  5. Thanks for the suggestion Killing Floor, I appreciate it! I will take a look at their products.

6. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

I settled on Acme B2 2x10 three way cabinets and I'm very happy. Although I own four I typically use two in a vertical 4x10 stack. They are without a doubt the best cabinets I have ever played through. :D

BxBomber likes this.
  7. Thanks for your suggestion BassmanPaul...I will check out their offerings!

BassmanPaul likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021