1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Seems I have to give up, the Ehrlund PU doesn’t works on my new bass.....

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Barcza, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Barcza

Barcza

May 1, 2005
    Budapest
    Thank You! If I find the very best spot, the feedback ratio will also better?

2. Jim T

Jim T

Nov 28, 2004
    Seatlle
    It has been mentioned before - in addition to placement, the distance from the top, and amount of putty, is critical. On my bass, it is very close to the top, < 1 mm. Keep trying; as you know, it can be worth it! Mine hasn’t moved location in a few years now...

Barcza likes this.
  3. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 19, 2000
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Owner/President, Gollihur Music LLC
    Usually, yes - because the output and tonal response can improve, and that minimizes the need for preamp gain increases and radical corrective EQ, which can both be sources of problematic feedback.

Barcza likes this.
  4. Barcza

Barcza

May 1, 2005
    Budapest
    Yeah, logical...
    I did experimenting with the positions, but I will give one more chance, start a new round....

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Mark Gollihur likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 22, 2021