1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Seems like a good bundle

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BillBrillo, Jul 3, 2004.

1. BillBrillo

BillBrillo

Jul 3, 2004
    :help: I play the drums in a band at the moment and am getting fed up of bashing skins for a living, so decided i might get myself a bass and amp and a few other bits to try out in my spare time. the lad who plays the base in our band wont let a man who plays his instrument by bashing it with sticks have a go on his warwick dolphin pro :crying: , dude doesnt know what he is missing out on.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4713&item=3734104806&rd=1

What about this bundle? So any views on this and where i should start am willing to pay up too about £300 ish. cheers and before long i may be a :bassist:

2. that actually doesnt look that bad! i would suggest going out and trying a bunch of tanglewood's as I personally have picked up a buunch with some cosmetic flaws here n there.

another option would be to keep you eye on the Westerfield basses that go on ebay.co.uk usually no more than £100, my friend has one and acoustically its got some decent punch (Pbass copy) and feels quite nice. neck is a little wide for my liking, tho.

If you don't manage to pick up a "bundle" ;), you could have a look at the pPeavey Microbass amp, which I've seen in shops for £70 brand new (aim for £50, and then try for £60!!!)

hope this helps! also ask your bassist to come along to any stors you decide to check out and see what he says... :cool:

welcome to TB!

3. how much is that in american or canadian funds?

4. I've heard good things about Tanglewood acoustics. That bass looks pretty cool, I think it would be a good choice as long as the price doesn't increase past your budget.

5. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Holy mutant Warwick, Batman!