Seems like I'm playing anything but bass lately

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jive1, Oct 1, 2004.

1. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Wierd but cool situation lately. Usually it seems that once people find out I play bass, that's the instrument they want me to play. This last week has been different.

Last Saturday, the band hit the studio and the drummer was unable to make it. So I played drums on 4 four tracks. I've only been playing for 8 months, but I wasn't gonna let precious studio time go to waste. So I got behind the V kit and wailed away with what little I knew. Wasn't too bad, except for a couple of parts where I sped up. The bassist in me is highly critical of the drummer in me. :D

I answered an ad this week for a Neo-Soul band looking for a bassist and a keyboard player. After talking, it seems that they want to try me out as a second keyboard player and guitarist. Need to work on my chops before I get comfortable on keyboards. Gotta increase my ego before I feel comfortable on the guitar. :D

Interesting opportunities, but in the end I'd rather be laying down the groove on my bass more than anything else. Oh well, it's all good.
  2. hey man, they sell those ego pills at the Guitar Center in your area, hurry up though, 'cause the singers and guitar players usually gobble 'em all up fast...

I know guys who eat a whole bottle at a time.