Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Seen any cool basses on EBAY lately???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stpvoodoo1, May 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If anyone has seen any good deals or cool basses on ebay then tell us all, and share the wealth!:)

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

So, is this a sneaky way of advertising in Basses, instead of Classifieds, or what?

3. Jodaka

Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    that's exactly what i was thinking...

4. I will now attempt to defile this commercial post by mentioning the ubiquitous Wishnevsky.

5. Hey guys, I actually thought a little about whether or not to put my auction in this thread. Probably against the guidelines of good ethics, I chose to go ahead. Sorry, but you have to admit, the two auctions in my first post have some bizarre items. I will now denounce my second post (containing my auction) and slap myself in the face with the hand of guilt, freshly drawn from my pool of greed.

By the way, the Dolphin Fretless 5 string I have listed on ebay is in MINT condition, and I'm selling it for a sickly low price.

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    "Probably"?

7. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Not probably.
    If you were actually at all concerned about the ethics of the matter, you would not tack on yet another plug for the auction.

If you were actually at all concerned about the ethics of the matter, you would not make a false statement of "denouncing" your second post. You would delete your second post. (Go to the post, click the "edit/delete" button, click delete again and confirm.)

8. Oh my GOD!! What kind of man am I? I can't believe I acually corrupted the uncommercial spirit of www.talkbass.com and it's commercial sponsors (like SWR) in an effort to mention that I had a bass for sale. What would drive a man to tell other "bass players" about the bass he wants to sell??

If you have nothing better to do than get upset over such a trivial issue of ethics as this, then you undoubtedly have confused activist priorities.

9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    :confused:

10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Wow... you're good. Is the idea of the "Classifieds" forum so strange?

I guess we were overdue;)

BTW this was on eBay recently:

"Not" stpvoodoo1's eBay item

11. Overdue for what?

What have I done that is so wrong? I posted a couple auctions and mine. That's it. You guys act like this thread (which I created) is some kind of hallowed ground for you truly righteous people to have world shaking discussions in, such as "Best headstock design" and "YAY, My bass is here". I mean, I've never once even attempted to trounce some of the threads which I've found stupid or irrelevant.
    People that condemn such ridiculous things as what you write in a thread in some internet forum which roughly equates to .000001 percent of what's going on in the world obviously have way too much time on their hands.
    I invite the next person that feels like replying to this message (and I'm sure someone will) to not only scorn me for my morally and ethically jagged auction post, but also to keep with the theme of this thread, and put an item in their post of something cool they found on ebay.

Peace

12. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings

13. I would tend to agree with you if you were a TB supporter....:rolleyes:

14. That's exactly why I'm not a TB supporter.

15. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Well, I don't really see much point in this going any further.

This thread is now closed. PM me if you have any problems with it, and I will be more than willing to explain further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.