Seen any washed up performers lately?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stinsok, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Seen any "artist" lately that are passed it and should just give up? Every once in a while I will see someone on TV and think "wow! I thought they were dead?" Here is an example: I was flipping around and found this local show from Minnesota called "Midwest Country." As their guest they had the Hager Twins (from "HEE HAW.") They were awful, and appeared to be drunk.
  2. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I saw Vince Neil (solo) play some po-dunk fair grounds last summer. I like Motley Crue. He did Motley Crue covers. His band was fine, let's just say I'll be skipping the Motley Crue reunion tour.
  3. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Darius Rucker (Hootie) doing annoying commercials.
  4. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    When my belly starts a-rumblin'
    And I'm lookin for a treat...
  5. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    I saw Mr. Lippman from the old Nickelodeon show "Welcome Freshman" in the Museum of Science and Industry a year ago. :hyper:
  6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I saw Tiny Tim before he died. He was in florida doing a show with some guy from the Monkeys. It was really strange.
  7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    You know, Yngwie wasn't too shabby looking of a guy way back when. Oh well. I guess that's (long) in the past.

I watched Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle recently, which had the guy who played Dougie Howser on it -- some of the best parts of the movie involved him, too! :D
  8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Gary Coleman and those insipid cash call, or whatever, commercials. Pathetic, eh?
  9. Actually, the Crue tour wasn't half bad. I expected a lot less of them (I had free tix otherwise I wouldn't have gone).
  10. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    I saw the Crue kicked a**!
  11. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK

[​IMG] know they were begging for it!
  12. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL

Search your feelings... You know it to be true.
  13. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

This picture contains too much suck to be healthy for public consumption. On behalf of everyone's well-being, please remove it immediately.

WARNING: Viewing said picture for an extended period of time may cause loose stools, projectile vomiting, premature birth, bad haircuts and being beaten with bamboo sticks by former members of Men Without Hats.
  14. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Sorry, everyone must know the suckitude that is ICP. The truth can be hard to handle sometimes.
  15. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

ICP, fine, but ICP AND Twisted (or however they hell they spell it, with z's and umlauts) in one picture is much too much.

Think of the %$#^$%! children!
  16. Didn't see him perform, but my spanish teacher is way into Bob Dylan, and as some of you may know, he did an interview on 60 mins in like dec I think. Anyway, we watched it in class, and he seemed totally out of it, just lost in space it seemed.
  17. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Saw Johnny Winter about 4 years ago. Sadly, his health has deteriorated and it was a depressing show. Front row seats and we left after four songs. It was upsetting actually.

Last month, saw John Fogerty. Great songs, but I could have stayed home and listened to old records. Nothing inspiring, just songs played off the albums verbatum. Show started at 8 and ended at 10. Snore.
  18. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Van Halen. Although Sammy Hagar on his own is decent.
  19. Razor

Sep 22, 2002

Sammy was THE only truly good thing about the VH show I caught last year.

The show, overall, was really good...but Sammy was the talent when I saw them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.