Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Seen at Musicora

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by olivier, May 12, 2004.

1. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    Musicora is the Paris Music show where manufacturers, dealers and retailers meet. It's also a neat place to hang around for musicians, pro or amateurs. I was there, invited by F Gougi (thanks) of Schertler France to check-out their new amps. They worked fine in the tiny sound booth. http://www.schertler.com/aboutus.html

Worthy of note was a slim DB by young luthier Antoine LeDucq, called AllBasse. Nice sounding instrument, check it out here: http://www.allbasse.com/accueil.htm
    And Patrick Charton was presenting prototypes of his detachable neck system, which he used on two new original DB (sorry I don't have photos). The system can also be used to transform existing DBs without removing the table. Apart from the improved transportability aspect, the system allows for changing the neck angle and action very easily. It may be available in the future at Gage and Lemur.

2. Did you also try out Gougi's electrodynamic upright bass? I find that instrument, and its concept, very intriging, but I have never had the opportunity to hear or play them.

Vincent

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

But was everybody playing slap bass, as fast and loud as they could, all the time? ;)

4. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    I,m afraid you're too late, Fabrice does not make that one any more. A couple years ago this instrument was still available, fairly nice stick bass, IMHO.

5. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    For some unclear reason the big slab companies, particularly Yamaha, snobbed that show...
    The pain in the ears actually came from the accordion section... but I try to remain open minded. ;)

6. Bruce Lindfield

This sounded interesting, but I can't get the website to open - it just hangs forever, with a white oblong in the middle of the page! :(

I think this is a shame, as I am just the sort of person who might be buying one of these - I'll drive to France, I can't find anything in Britain!! ;)

If only the webiste had been better-thought out, so that it was simple enough for anybody to get into it!! :meh:

7. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    Excuse Antoine, he is a luthier, not necessarily a computer guru. I guess his site requires Flash player or smthg. Interesting fact found on the site is that DB player Paul Rogers has a 6 string variant of the thing. Leducq's email is contact?allbasse.com

8. Antione may not be a computer guru but someone is - a very slick site. Usually these sites always hang on me due to the myriad filters and security settings I have here at work. Bruce must have even tighter settings than I have. This isn't lightening fast but its ok and shows the bass off well. I hope everyone has a look - indeed a truly fascinating instrument. I supose it says somewhere on the site what the price is but I couldn't find it - could send an e-mail I supose. OIivier's question mark in the address should have been the @ as everyone guessed - ie: contact_at_allbasse.com {and you know what to do with "_at_"}. Did you get to try it Olivier?

9. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    Haven't heard about that one. Thanks for the input. Can't say anything re 18 st AllBasse. On the pic bellow (found on the net, thanks to the unknown photographer) it's the 6 stringed instrument. Check out the :p ...tongue in the cheek.

? replacing @ was intentional, to spare Antoine from a few spams...as everyone guessed. Now it's useless unless you correct it before the email list makers get at it.

I've tried the 4 string version and it sounded and felt like a double bass (except for the slimmer body, of course). Antoine appeard to be a regular guy and a hard working young luthier. Shop is in Nîmes which is a beautiful city in the south of France.

10. Bruce Lindfield

Well, given the number of people who have been wiped out by viruses etc - I think this is a good thing and people should be using as tight a setting as they can!! :meh:

Well - I'd like to - but I can't!! :meh:

I think it just shows bad design or a lack of thought about potential users, not to have a way in that allows everybody to access it!!

11. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    I suggest you send him an email and tell him to translate his site and have a version which would be accessible to non flash users...

12. Bruce Lindfield

Just sent one!

13. Johnny L

Johnny L

Feb 14, 2002
    Victoria, TX
    Excellent. It's good to see that the violin instrument family is getting updated as the techniques required for classical performance are added to the vocabulary of popular music.

14. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    I think I'm gonna start a new thread on the B21 (ie: P. Charton new DB), I've received nice pics from him. Just making sure he's OK about it.

15. Apologies all round - never thought spammers could pick up from TB - never seen the convention of using ? before. Thanks Olvier - learn soemthing every day and thanks to Sam for editing it out.

BTW its not fair everyone can't see Antione's site and I hope he rushes out a braile version and that when he's made the changes it will run on my Amstrad. And what about people in France who only have minitel?

16. gougi

gougi

Jan 19, 2006
    Hi Olivier I don't no where come from that idea? I always make my patented electrodynamic instruments?
    My shop is now in Britain near Quimper town, our web site is always www.gougi.com (in French version).
    A new version will be ready around end of january, whith e-shop, new sound, photos, videos, etc...

Our postal adress is

GOUGI SARL
    105 RUE DE LA GARE
    F-29760 PENMARCH
    FRANCE

Contact
    Phone/ 00.33.2.9858.7000
    Fax/ 00.33.2.9858.4360
    www.gougi.com

Regards,

Fabrice Gougi

17. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    My apologies Fabrice, I hope TBers will be intrigued and visit your site. When is next Musicora ?

18. Bruce Lindfield

Eh? Where!!?? :confused:

19. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    Frabrice Gougi has moved his shop from Paris to Penmarch in Bretagne, that's small Britain but still a great place. :D

20. Bruce Lindfield