Seen posted in my local music store...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hategear, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Tonight I was at a local music store to pick up this week's area entertainment paper. I was looking at the bulletin board, for band ads and I saw a sign that read something like this:

"Attention: To the group of jerks that practice across the street from [local bar name] -- you suck! Why don't you give it up, since you will never have a 'band' that's worth playing anywhere. I'm the guy that lives next door."

The sign also included a drawing of a "mean devil smiley face" (like this :mad:, only with devil horns on it's head). Nice, huh?
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Sometimes the truth hurts.
  3. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    You should have torn it down. As the saying goes, practice makes perfect. Some[expletive deleted with exasperation by BW] just don't understand that.
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    It is truly a brave man who has to resort to leaving nasty notes on a bulletin board because he doesn't like a band. I'd ask the store owner if I could tear it down, if I were you.
  5. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    You should've added: To the coward that posted this, be a man, and tell them in person.
  6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    ditto. "to the spinless fancy lad who lacked the grapes to say this face to face, please extract your head from you rectum and come on over for a chat."
  7. Does he sneak up to the band's window and listen to them?...Or they play in the garage. Well either way this guy was to lazy to go over to them and tell them. So he probably sits in his house all day. But how could he hear it with good qualty through a house with insulation? Oh yeah, this guy lives in a box.:p
  8. Did you take the comments personally?;)

There will always be jerks who offer criticism without constructivity (nice word, eh? Does it exist?). Since the poster of the ad doesn't offer any opinions on how the band might improve, his comments are worthless (other than to himself).

Don't waste ANY of life's precious energy on paying any attention AT ALL to jerks. (Didn't someone like Confucius say this in some ancient pearl of wisdom....?):p

We now return you from the land of smugness to your regularly programmed thread...
  9. lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    LOL! Munji, you're killing me over here!

BTW, if there were people over there doing construction work; loud trucks going in and out all day, people running saws, air compressors and nail guns incessantly he wouldn't think anything about it!
  10. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    No, I just have a hard time understanding people that have nothing better to do, than make and post a sign criticizing someone else and what they're trying to do. I have also seen band wanted ads posted, where someone else has scribbled something out and replaced what was originally written with something "funny." I mean, I know people are p****s, but come on!

I think ya'll are right -- I should have torn it down. I think when I go in for my check tomorrow, I'll stop by that store and do just that!
  11. Could this be a setup? Why would he write he is the 'guy that lives next door'? Perhaps the author of the note doesn't like the guy next door and wants this band to do something. Either way he sounds like an A-grade, primetime prick.
  12. bahahahahahaha
  13. i just moved my drum kit into my new apt. and im still to scared to play them:p (they are loud):eek:
  14. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Play louder, then refuse to play at his bar when you're famous.
  15. If I had a band that sucks playing night after night right next door I would have to say something to. Some bands get worse the more they practice. Next time you guys go to a club and the band sucks what are you going to do? Leave and tell everyone you see they stink or go up on stage and tell everyone in the band they stink? Unless you like getting your butt kicked alot I think you'll do just what this guy did just in a different way.
  16. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Actually this sounds like a prank perpetrated by a rival band.

17. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I have had to delete 4 posts in this thread due to bickering and namecalling. This will not be tolerated.