Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

seen the flecktones last night...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dmbbassdude, Mar 15, 2002.

1. dmbbassdude

dmbbassdude

Apr 25, 2001
    NY
    WOW!!! There is so much talent on that stage, it is incredible. Obviously Victor, but once you get passed his mind-blowing solos, you realize how talented everyone else is. Jeff Coffin is one of the best horn players I have ever seen, and there is no category for Futureman, he is incredible. And Bela is so emotional and at times humorous in his playing. I got a chance to meet them all after the show and get some autographs, and a quick pic with Vic. Overall, it was one of the best musical experiences of my life. If u get a chance, check them out.

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Cool, I saw them last Tuesday and thought the same things.

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    they were in portland, or a couple weeks ago....i didn't make it, and i'm still kicking myself in the arse for not being able to go...i was stuck on base...defending the country from the evil axis, or something... :rolleyes: :D i'm going next time, though

4. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Yeah, I was going to go see them when they came close, but my cousin had her Bat Mitzfah that night :(

Next time for sure...

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I didn't never seen them, excepting on TV.

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I actually have seen them on tv. I had high expectations for the live gig and I was not underwhelmed.

7. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Saw them last night at the State Theater in Easton PA.:eek:

Victor did two amazing solo pieces; one in each set. I was just sitting there shaking my head. I wanted to quit playing right then and there since it is obviously a futile effort!!! :(

Great work by Bela and the others too. However, you could tell Vic was the star. There were more young bassists in the audience than anything else.

As expected, they all came back out to the fans about 20 minutes after the show and hung out for a long time.

GO SEE THEM!!!

[​IMG]