Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Seen this on ebay?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Frank Martin, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
  2. Perfect-Tommy

Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Ohio
    (day dreams...)

"Yea, that's a cool bass. That's one that Victor Wooten has played before? Oh it isn't? That's right! I'm thinking of mine!!"

:D

3. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    It's by the musical instrument makers forum. (www.mimf.com) They have some really amazing luthiers hanging out over there. This bass got made as a project. One guy (Larry Davis at Gallery Hardwoods, amazing guy #1) supplied the woods. Another guy (Bill Moll amazing guy#2) came up with original plans becuase they are based on his bass model. Bill Machrone (amazing guy # 3) invented a new type of bridge for this very bass, and I don't think he has had time to use this design again since then. So this is the only instrument in the world witht his kind of bridge, for now. Pretty much all of the other folks are incredible too. I just can't remember their whole names. Amy is a wonder with inlay and design. Jason does awesome handmade pickups.

Don't be put off by not recognizing company names. There are some incredibly talented people over there. And a group of them all made this bass.

I hope none of the other MIMFer's are mad at me for forgetting their names. But usually if I am writing about them I can just look back up to get their names, in stead of using my, increasingly less accurate brain.

Edit: Larry Davis of Gallery Hardwoods Picked and donated the wood, Bill Moll supplied the basic plan, Amy Hopkins & Mark Swanson did the inlay, Jason Lollar made the pickups, Dale Belcher did the body wings, Barry Daniels did the neck, Bill Machrone invented the bridge, Julian Barton made the knobs, Larry Clinton made and engraved the brass electronics cavity cover. I hope I didn't forget anyone this time.

4. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    This bass popped up awhile back here on the forums. Looks like a GORGEOUS bass along with a good set of experienced folks who threw their own flavor into the mix.

Wish I had a few grand to spare!