Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Seether

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by e7h3r, Jan 19, 2003.

1. e7h3r

e7h3r

Mar 28, 2002
    south africa
    So a few years ago, there was this local band here in South Africa, called Saron Gas, that i always used to go see in little clubs. They got some radio play on our one radio station(!), and eventually their gigs got really crowded, but in the beginning, it was like 30 people, all moshing, mmmmm...

but i digress...They were definitely the best local band in the country then, and they ended up signing a record deal with Wind-up (Creed, Finger Eleven). They changed their name to Seether(sarin gas was that japanese railroad thing+ 911), made a fancy music video, went on ozzfest, etc. etc.

I was just wondering, since they were on the Tonight Show a few days ago, what you americans think of them, or if you've even heard of them.

2. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    I've heard of them, but that's only because I saw their name and said, "Why did they take their name from the Veruca Salt song?" I've never heard their music.

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    LOL I thought the same thing. They get daily rotation for the past month or so on my local (NJ shore area) alt rock station. The tune is pretty catchy

4. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I'm really digging the tune they're playing from them on the radio "Fine Again".

5. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    I've only heard "Fine Again" -- it sounds like cookie-cutter radio rock to me. Nice hook in the song, though.

6. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Ohhhhh... Now I know where I've heard them. That song is featured in Madden 2003.

I'll agree. Typical radio-friendly rock. Not my cup of tea.

7. Seether is rad!! I like the first and fourth songs the best.

8. e7h3r

e7h3r

Mar 28, 2002
    south africa
    Yeah, they've really changed since they signed to Wind-up (Damn you Papa Roach's producer, DAMN YOU!)

I like the stuff they did as Saron Gas much better. It's like they just went through a machine that made them sound just like all bands these days. It's really sad, 'cos sometimes you can hear the old, good band shining through.